Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Puzzles

e-C's puzzle puzzle
aka "The dog ate my homework"

*spank*
grrr


Only 4 pieces missing. Not so bad.

*spanK*

e~C

yoooubassssturd.

Boned Jello

I did ask about her dogs, but she quickly - too quickly, ahem - answered with the defense that her Pit Bulls were busy "gnawing on stray trespassers."  Dogs eating puzzle pieces is not unheard of. 

What's this about?

It began with my asparagus sammich invention, and an inquiry about how I'm able to keep asparagus (and spring onions) fresh for two-weeks.  If you didn't lose any pieces, you'll see the secret.  Snipping the bottoms, and refrigerating in water; another of my inventions. 

PS - Maybe someone who finished the puzzle will replace the 4 pieces e-C lost never received?

You're welcome. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I buy the pickled asparagas from Costco, and throw them on top of what I'm making in my panini griddler.

Casca

Anonymous said...

I sure hope someone finds 'em...
or I'll never be able to figure out what it is....

e~C

Anonymous said...

The same method works for cilantro.
Tim

Juice said...

Just learned similar for green onions, after chopping off the green tops. treat them as your asparagus and the greens just keep sprouting! Trim the roots and keep water clean. NOW, asparagus! Thank ye.

Juice said...

Looks like a jar of your rub in the back there.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Rog. I hold the patent on this. I've doing it with broccoli for 20+ years. It's simple: treat cut plants like a florist does.

It also works with carrots as long as the greens are left on. If the greens are cut off, they will take in water and swell until they split, which really doesn't hurt them.

Change the water every few days or it gets nasty.

Annoyed White Male

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Juice:
Flax seed

AWM
70+ years

Anonymous said...

The real miracle is how your fridge is so spacious and uncluttered. I haven't seen mine look like that since my bachelor days. Only yesterday I got throwing-stuff angry because we didn't have room for two half-gallons of milk.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

It doesn't always look like that, trust me.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.