Friday, June 11, 2010

The Road to Serfdom Slide Show

SOLD OUT OF HAYEK: “I just got off the phone with Stephanie Hlywak of the U. of Chicago Press and it’s official — the U. of Chicago Press is SOLD OUT of copies of Friedrich Hayek’s classic The Road to Serfdom after selling over 13,000 copies in less than 24 hours, after the broadcast of Glenn Beck’s show on Hayek and his timeless book.”

Not To Worry




Here's a The Road to Serfdom slide-show that was first printed in LOOK magazine - ... In February 1945

You're welcome (I had to put it on another page because this slideshow maker auto-starts. Sheesh)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well thanks!

Anonymous said...

I actually own a first edition London printing. Bought it in Chicago twenty-five years ago for a song.

Casca

DougM said...

Great!
Thanks, Rodge. I haven't read that in forty years.
I'll have to dig out my old copy that I bought used back in college (late '60s, you remember, the Alinsky days). It's in my library stacks (meaning stacks of boxed-up books from dozens of moves).
It's not a first edition, though ... I, uh, don't thi-ink.

A. Schwartz said...

I totally agree with glenn beck on most issues, just wish he wasn't such a condescending prick on his show.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

that's the word!

Juice said...

Pardon, my French, but has anyone checked out an increased sales of, The Holy Bible?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

http://www.articlesbase.com/religion-articles/internet-bible-sales-on-the-rise-for-new-reasons-623017.html

Anonymous said...

Uh I don't find Beck to be condescending...perhaps you mistake mockery for this? By the way the verify word is fluck.....is this the shape of things to come?

Bolivar

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.