Wednesday, June 30, 2010

SMART USB Data Transfer

Techno Boners

Boned Jello

Last week I asked "what is this and why did I buy it? " about the ZyXEL.  I found out it was an early device to set up a wireless connection,  so I plugged it in last night and it worked by connecting my old PC to the internet, for whatever that was worth. 

I have never-ever been successful in setting up a working home network, and this attempt was no exception  But wait! I had another Woot purchase in my WTF? box.  A Smart USB cable transfer device I purchased  for $14.95 delivered.  What the hell, I just plugged it in; intuitively linking the two computers.  It instantly showed up as a CD Drive (L:) Easy Suite. I clicked it.   HFS!  This is something everybody who will one day migrate to a new computer, and that means everybody, should have. 

It gives me access to every file on the old computer, so instead of going back and copying a file to a flash drive and then going to the new computer for installation, it's all there.  This will be no revelation to the many computer smart denizens reading this, but for the average Joe, this is wonderful morning boner!


Boned Jello

1 comment:

Bob Hawkins said...

I just pull the hard drive from the old computer and install it in an external USB case. The external case costs twice as much, but when I'm done, I've got an external USB drive for backup purposes.

Your method would be great for stealing data from work, though.

Turing word: "dembemer". Yep, dembemers are good cars, but pricey.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.