Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fried

Muy Largess

Boned Jello

MoSup's family spends a week with us every year, and last week was it.  I am by the way blessed to have in-laws who are wonderful, and whose presence I enjoy.  But here's what I wanted to tell you.  They spent a day mall surfing in Columbia, and come lunch tome that got Chic-filet from the food court, and french fries from Five-Guys.  Since there were a bunch of them, they ordered two orders.  When they came home, Toni handed me a large white sack, and asked "guess?"  I peeked, and said "French fries."  A lot of french fries.  So many, that for dinner I crisped them up in some oil and fed a dozen people.  What you see here is the catsup from that bag. Yeah, they cost $4.50 a bag, but JFC!  If I have to become a bum, I'll park my cardboard box  behind a Five Guys dumpster and eat like a king! (Their burgers are too. )

4 comments:

Gayle Miller said...

They just opened one recently at I and 14th Streets in the District! Since I work at 15th and H - I am so screwed!

Alear said...

No kidding about them fries. A buddy of mine, who's quite the glutton, can't even finish an order. I don't think I've ever finished even half a bag.

Touring word: pigher. Nope, it's a he.

Anonymous said...

I make My frys Myself using one of those lever thingeys with the grid blades, skin on and deep fry them in lard.. I know unhealthy but Mmmmm... Ad a little salt and malt vinegar.


Sherry M.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Sherry M - are you the old Sherry M from before?

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.