Monday, July 19, 2010

Goldman Schmucks

The comment:

By Anonymous Locker Room, at Thu Jul 15, 07:06:00 PM:

I worked for ten years for a former member of the Goldman Sachs Management Committee who made partner when the firm was about more than just making as much money as fast as it can, any way it can, risk be damned. He was the finest gentleman I've met in my thirty-plus year business career. TH - you know who I'm talking about.

I've never seen a more blatant example of transparent insincerity than when I hear Blankfein heave up his garbage about the firm's devotion to its clients. Goldman doesn't have clients, it has counterparties.

Boned Jello

I feel badly for my former boss, having to live out his days seeing the firm he devoted his life to converting itself into a huge hedge fund and sinking to the disgusting level it has. The lightning speed with which Goldman converted itself to a bank holding company was laughable, but nothing could top hearing Blankfein say the firm had its CDS positions with AIG fully hedged and was in no danger - none at all - had AIG done a face-plant in the turf. Hey Lloyd, I may not be smart enough to work in your shop, but that doesn't make me a complete moron. So please, refrain from pissing on my shoes and telling me it's raining.

Were these guys still playing with their own capital, Goldman would not be populated with all the grasping snakes now in residence there. When Wall Street's private partnerships converted to public ownership, the respect for firm capital vanished. The Street treats shareholders' capital the way Congress treats taxpayers' funds - it's strictly Other People's Money. And sadly, 99% of people on earth treat OPM with no more caution and respect than they do a glass of water. Tap water.

I grew up in business having the strongest respect for the name Goldman Sachs and now everything about the place makes me want to puke.  

Earlier:
Coincidences in our time: Finreg becomes law,
 and the SEC settles with Goldman Sachs



I swiped the picture from here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn Rog, that's freaky-the comments page you linked to is like another universe
MM

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.