Monday, July 19, 2010

Piling on Algore

Catastrophe Denied:
The Science of the Skeptic’s Position


....

Then, Al Gore made a movie from his PowerPoint deck.  He won an Oscar and a Nobel prize for his movie.  Those are a bit out of my reach, so I will have to settle for actually being right.  My previous movie showed my PowerPoint deck presented to a live audience, and can still be found online here.  I felt the sound quality could be improved and the narration could be tighter, so I went into the “studio” to create a tighter version.  The product of this is what I believe to be my best effort yet at explaining, in a comprehensive but simple manner, the science of the skeptic’s position to laymen.

I have become a big fan of Vimeo because I don’t have to break videos up into 10-minute chunks as on YouTube.  The Vimeo version is here and is embedded below:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know what you're saying. *Snnoze* You posted this so our kids would have a ready referral for their Goreon teachers who won't give up believing in Gore. Or, to send to your crazy S-I-L so that the next time she goes on an Enviro-wacko rant you can ask, "did you watch the video I sent you?" They won't have of course, but will be too intimidated to push the subject further, and self-doubt will begin eating at them. Right?

Avid pupil

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Dear avid pupil.

Right.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to visit Warren's Coyoteblog web site:

http://www.coyoteblog.com/

for some interesting observations and conundrums...
tomw

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.