Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Stuff

We have here a 3 in 1 post. 
  1. interesting premise;
  2. an ad homonym "birther" dis,
  3. circular password idiocy. 

YOU GET IT ALL!
I read John Podhoretz's  Patriotic opposition Loving a nation that elected O  last week. 

  How are those of us who stand in opposition to the domestic agenda and foreign-policy views of President Obama and his administration to think about this country in 2010 as we approach the nation's birthday on Sunday?

Or, to put it another way: How should a self-described patriot think, act and talk about the United States if that self-described patriot believes the elected leadership of the United States has led the country into a ditch that threatens to expand into a bottomless chasm?

Does the fault lie with the president and his party, or does it reside in the electorate that installed them? If it resides in the electorate, what does that say about the condition of the United States?


In the case of Barack Obama, the root questions are: Who is he and why is he doing this?

Here's where I got sidetracked.

Opponents answer the question in many ways, from the clear-cut (he's a Chicago Democrat) to the more suggestive (he's a 1970s-era campus leftist) to the silly (he wasn't born in America) to the sinister (he's a secret Muslim or Communist).

In the comments, I wanted to ask Mr.  Podhoretz (whom I hold in high regard);  "John, which documents proffered  by Obama did you find most convincing inre his Hawaiian birth?"  

Of course I had to sign in, which I did using my New York Post password - that did not work. 
Okay, lets try "I forgot my password."  
Nope.  "We have no record of anyone using that e-mail address."
Okay, I'll  register for a new password.
 "That e-mail address is already in use."

Sigh.  Maybe Podhoretz reads this blog and will answer? 

2 comments:

Jess said...

Silly. I like that. It's the same thing the Wizard of Oz said as he pulled levers behind the curtain.

DougM said...

As the ol' New Hampshire farmer said to the lost tourists, "Wall, noup, you can't git there from here."

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.