Friday, July 09, 2010

Video transfer

Today's Grabber

Boned Jello

This may be of interest to the regular people out there (who aren't  EE's),  I think there are some in the same boat as I.

 Moving up to the next generation computer  presented me with a few problems to solve, chief of  which is importing video from the VCR, and video camera --  that only has RCA outputs?   There ain't no RCA inputs on this computer. 

 Alongside Woot, my favorite vendor is Monoprice.  They seem to sell everything by way of cables, connectors, converters, and adapters - at insanely inexpensive prices --  for very high quality merchandise!  Whew.

I ordered this Tuesday, it arrived today.  I installed it in 5 minutes; had it recording in 10.  So, if you're wondering how to get your old tapes (or even capture movies from the TV) onto your new computer, this'll work,   You're welcome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that kind of grabber.

alwaysFresh,neverFrozen

BlogDog said...

I've adopted a bit of kludge for taking viddies of the DVR. I connect my compact digital camcorder which is RCA plug capable, record the video, and tyhen attach the compact camera to the computer via the Firewire. iMovie and iDVD set me up to roll my own.

Looks like you do it a little more directly. Which is good.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the tips, Yer Maj. I picked up that "smart" PC-to-PC cable
you touted the other day for ten bucks. It's linking over 3 separate
OS platforms without a glitch... 32 bit, 64 bit, it just keeps on humming.

Do you stay at Holiday Inn Express?

Robert

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Thank you Robert. My work is done on this planet.

Tony Neville said...

I've managed to solve my VCR to PC problem. I installed a TV card with an S-Video input when I built this PC 1.5 years ago, but only very recently have I discovered that there is such a thing as an RCA composite -> S-Video cable adapter. I thought the signal formats were incompatible!, but nooOOOooo... I felt like a complete nOob.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.