Monday, August 23, 2010

Hammer Time

 "When You're Holding a Hammer,
Everything Looks Like a Nail
."

Chuck Martel Esq. sent me this song a few days ago.  I love this poster, and I love the title; the song was okay. You couldn't embed it and like I said,  it was just okay to these ears.  BUT today ....

Boned Jello

Football Coach Fired for Anti-Obama Song?

A Tennessee middle school football coach said he got fired after he wrote a song that criticized President Obama.

Bryan Glover, an assistant coach at Grassland Middle School near Nashville, co-wrote the country music song, “When You’re Holding a Hammer, Everything Looks Like a Nail.”

It was co-written by a parent who has a child on the team. Glover, 26, said he emailed a copy of the song to friends, family members and player’s parents through his personal email account.

And that’s when all the trouble started for the self-described independent conservative.

“The coach called me and said parents were upset – that I was being politically incorrect and the song had racial overtones,” Glover told FOX News Radio. “An hour and a half later I was told I was being terminated.”

 “I was informed that I was being let go because of the song,” he said, denying claims there were any racial overtones in the song.

Williamson County School Superintendent Mike Looney disputed Glover’s account and said his dismissal had nothing to do with the song.

“Absolutely not,” he told FOX News Radio. “That’s a false claim.” [continue - the coach sounds like the truth teller here]


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing and nobody racial in that song but Uhbama. And he brung it by being the way he is, not the songwriter.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

TimO said...

"Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along..."

Anonymous said...

“The coach called me and said parents were upset – that I was being politically incorrect and the song had racial overtones,” Glover told FOX News Radio.

First of all, if you're beliefs don't offend someone, then you really don't believe in much. Second, when will these politically correct asshats learn that they DON'T have a right to not be "offended".

phaatbastard

Opinionated Vogon said...

http://www.holdingahammer.com/ <-- the song is great. click the play button bottom right.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.