Saturday, August 28, 2010

Quick - I need some lead boots

In other news:

Boned Jello

I found this at the end of  EPA Denies Petition Calling for Lead Ammunition Ban. Just in case you still foolishly thought that the muck-a-mucks running the various professional bird & tree lover fundations had a lick of sense; or that we have a chance of talking some into them.
The EPA is considering banning lead weights used to balance automobile tires:

Thank the Sierra Club who unbelievably puts this in their press release: (PDF)

“1.6 million pounds of lead from wheel weights is left falling off of cars each year where anyone can find and possibly ingest it,” said Jeff Gearhart, Research Director for the Ecology Center.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't eat just one. Once you get a taste for 'em you will be wandering the streets looking for more. They are rather filling though.

Anonymous said...

Lord yes! Had my first one in '68, and haven't be able to get enough of 'em since. Quit my job, and spend most waking hours walking along the I-95.

TimO said...

Maybe if the greenies knew how to cast them into bullets and fishing sinkers they could be eating real food instead of picking up and ingesting lead weights off the ground.

Then again maybe lead dementia explains a lot about them....

Anonymous said...

Oddly, in ~50 years of driving, I've never lost a wheel weight.
It's either my magnetic personality or I haven't had my cars inspected by a Sierra Club asshole so he can loosen a couple of weights to make their point. OTOH, I've probably lost 1.6 million lbs. of lead sinkers all by myself while fishing.
Well, if they have their way with ammo some day, I guess we'll have to start casting depleted uranium bullets.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Darrell said...

There is an ammo angle to that part of the report--a lot of reloaders get their lead from tire shops (used wheel weights). Also, the EPA evidently IS still looking at banning lead sinkers used in fishing.

Anonymous said...

That's probably a good thing, Darrell. Heaven knows we don't need any more fish voting Democrat.

e~C

[*graciats*
de nudist]

David said...

I picked up five wheel weights from a single parking space near my office the other day. Not sure what is going on there. But I don't park in that space.

I didn't feel any sort of urge at all to eat any of the wheel weights. But they did made a nice satisfying thud when I dropped them into the bucket with the others that are waiting to be melted down and turned into bullets.

Anonymous said...

You have not lived until you cut into raccoon roadkill and discover a couple of wheel weights in his little belly.

Finger lickin' good!

Laurence

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.