Friday, August 27, 2010

You don't beat a Sicilian when ...

How Vindictive Is This Administration?
Withholds $400M in Education Funds over clerical error

UPDATE Gov. Chris Christie fires N.J. schools chief Bret Schundler
The Obama administration has made a serious mistake here: they’ve given Chris Christie an opening, a reason to take them on directly. And how does the old saying go? Never go up against a Sicilian, when political credibility is on the line?
 In presenting this video, The Corner's Daniel Foster makes the case for this being another case of a petulant Obama getting even.   Watching Chris Christie here, this morning, convinced me that he is unbeatable, at this point in time, as a presidential candidate.  Unbeatable. Furthermore, his can-do attitude is the pivotal quality necessary for any leader attempting to save us from a looming financial collapse.I believe he could do it.  Time for a band-wagon.
Update
But on Thursday, the U.S. Department of Education released a video of that presentation that showed neither Schundler nor the other four people from New Jersey's delegation were able to come up with the information for the correct budget years.
While this does not substantively change the story's thrust, it does I think further burnish Christie's rep as a no-nonsense administrator.  I can remember when Bret Schundler himselfwas a shining hope for New Jersey.  Too bad he lost his compass.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW-that's what we call a set of coconuts.

I would pay a dollar to see Obama's face when he watched that
MM

Anonymous said...

Man up.
Yup. He didn't blame Bush even once, unlike a metrosexual cipher we don't know but loathe.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Anonymous said...

It is kind of funny to me that one government entity is doing this to another government entity. Anyone who must deal with bureaucracy very much runs into this all the time. In my business, I've had my license renewal rejected because the bonding company forgot that the next year was leap year and put the wrong date. Once it was rejected because a letter in our name was out of order. There have been others, all after being in business for about 40 years.

mary

Alear said...

To note is that New Jersey lost this "contest" to my home state of Ohio by 3 points. As much as I insist it's insane to send money to Washington just to have them take their cut, send it back, and say they're doing us a favor, all I can say about this is "Better me than you".

True is that Christie is a helluva politician. I'm hoping dearly that my guy Kasich can come close to measuring up.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I have all the respect in the world for Kasich, but he isn't a brawler.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to make an "I'm hot for Christie" video. Hope he doesn't mind an overweight bald accountant being the Christie girl. He gives me the vapors.

Anonymous Completely Hetero Guy

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Annoyed is ready to have his babies. I'm totally okay with it, and I will even change their diapers.

Annoyed White Male.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the page was switched in Washington DC???

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.