Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Got tired of her half-way through. Sorry.

Blabbbber-mouth
Don't ask me about eggs and windex - just seemed right
Some of you will remember Gwen Ifill's national television debut.  I'm doing this from memory, so no hard dates, but it was a Sunday. This Week with David Brinkley. Before 1997. His, Brinkley's, last gig before retiring was covering the 1996 election.  I always did like him, but this sealed the deal. [I had to look this up, so's to get it right.]

...  at a moment when he thought they were on commercial break. One of his colleagues asked him what he thought of Bill Clinton's re-election. He called Clinton "a bore" and added, "The next four years will be filled with pretty words, and pretty music, and a lot of goddamn nonsense!" One of his team pointed out that they were still on the air. Brinkley said, "Really? Well, I'm leaving anyway!"

I digress. Back to Ifill.  As I remember she was introduced as a "comer," and joined Brinkley, Sam Donaldson, Cokie Roberts, George Will - one of them maybe missing that day.  Jumping right into a discussion, she referred to Democrats as "we."  As in, "How do we stop the vicious rumors Republicans are spreading." I made that up, but it was something like that, and more than once.  Everyone raised eyebrows. I think it was Sam Donaldson who finally scolded her for showing her partisan drawers. 

So here's Ifill; in way over her head, stumbling, bumbling and showing bias up to her gills. I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking, "what in the hell recommended her for this gig?"  Today of course I'd guess that John Kerry recommended her to NBC muck-a-mucks at some dinner party.  "Look, you got here the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking woman.”

Skip to 2010.  (via HOT AIR -Leftist dullards mock Palin for correctly referencing Boston Tea Party)

Boned Jello
That’s from Gwen Ifill, respected PBS fixture and — remember? — moderator of the Palin/Biden VP debate back in 2008, a job she landed right around the time she was working on her book about the glory of Hopenchange. You sure showed her, Gwen.


* Don't ask me about Mayo, Windex and Eggs.  I don't understand anything these media weasels do.

6 comments:

JMcD said...

Wow!
Left wingers are stupid AND ignorant!
Whuda thunk.

TimO said...

Musta bin that liberal edumacation...

Anonymous said...

Loved the ignoramuses making total fools of themselves before they realized what Sarah was referencing.

Man they hate her and every instance like that just intensifies my belief that she is really the one.

Next spring is going to be a humdinger.
MM

DougM said...

Any word from, you know, her (@:20sec)?

JMcD said...

Gwen Ifill is the Maya Angelou of tv broadcasting.
Maya Angelou is the Gwen Ifill of poetry.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

10! JMAC

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.