Saturday, November 20, 2010

Condom Cunumdrum

Pope Benedict says condom
use is OK for male prostitutes

But,  what of rubbers with rubbers?
Boned Jello

Benedict said that for male prostitutes — for whom contraception isn't a central issue — condoms are not a moral solution. But he said they could be justified "in the intention of reducing the risk of infection.'' [NPR]
If you're a Catholic male, follow me here.  At the crux of all this is the dictum that "sewing one's seed [masturbating] on barren rock" is a mortal sin against God's grand design.  If it's justified ["could be ... risk of infection" opens that  door] for male prostitutes to use a condom with men, then it should be okay for a teen-age boy to use one with the Sears lingerie pages, which in effect says that masturbation is okay.  Holy Crap! I'm going to heaven!  Is there a theologian in the house?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can a priest use a condom when raping a young boy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMx6X26iJ_c

Alear said...

Old school RC me, I can vaguely recall the Mass being said in Latin. The dictum has always been "No sex without procreation intended."

Of course I, and most regular Catholics of my acquaintance, would look askance at that, and proceed to do what we did and still do. Guiltily, but actions did occur.

Speaking as a Man of Benedictine, I say: "Your Eminence, why oh why wasn't this declaimed 40 years ago when it woulda mattered?"

I'm pleading innocence retroactively Dear St. Peter. Open up them gates of the Pearly variety.

PS: Oh hush, I'm straight as can be. I'm recalling getting to second base when a home run was called for.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

A fable:

When my kids complained because we wouldn't let them watch objectionable shows on cable (like MTV), using the argument that they'd just watch them at "Ritchie's" house anyway, I responded - "I know you do that, but you do it without our blessing, and without us changing our values."

Same thing.

Anonymous said...

Is HH saying that prostitution is okay?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I think HH's personal devil is PC sometimes.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.