Sunday, November 28, 2010

Danny O'Brien

FYI: Celebrating Greatness

Joe Namath*, Dick Shiner, Alan Pastrana, Jim Corcoran, Bob Avellini, Mark Manges, Larry Dick, Boomer Esiason, Frank Reich, Stan Gelbaugh, Neil O'Donnell, Scott Zolak, Scott Milanovich, Sam Hollenbach, Shaun Hill. 

These are some of the great Terp quarterbacks whose career started while I was in the stands.  I recognized greatness in some of them from the get-go (Namath, Shiner, Manges, Esiason); others developed into NFL quality QBs under my watchful eyes.  Did I say a word about any them at the time?  No, I did not (Google if you wish),  because I don't want to be one of those "mine is the best" people.  But Maryland's freshman quarterback Danny O'Brien is the best quarterback I've ever seen - his first three passes went for touchdowns.  O'Brien will become the greatest college player of all time. You read it here first.  Too bad if your team is on the Terp's schedule.


* Namath signed a letter of intent with the Terps, but after two tries was unable to academically qualify for admission.  MD.  head coach Tom Nugent did not want Namath signing with yearly opponent Penn State so he guided Namath to sign with Alabama, coached by ex-Maryland Coach Bear Bryant.  
Danny O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.