Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fun Movies

Two movies I think you'll like
both 'instant watch' available
One funny, the other a  love story - sort of

My first selection pour vous is OSS 117: Lost in Rio  (OSS 117: Rio Ne Répond Plus)  It's a parody of James Bond and I just loved it.   This guy is the smarmiest, most chauvinistic and politically incorrect character I've ever seen. It's as if Joe Biden WAS James Bond.  Here's a comment that very nearly captures every word I could add.

Here's a fun French farce which parodies the 007 films and is DEFINITELY NOT politically correct similar to the earlier OSS 117 Cairo movie. However, this one is set in Rio and pokes fun at Nazis, Americans, Israeli, and Chinese. Although filmed in 2009, it does a great job of imitating a 60's film. Just a pleasant romp for weekend fun.


NEXT
Boned Jello
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not  (À la Folie... Pas du Tout)

I watched this solo.  The next night I watched it again with MoSup. What more can I say by way of recommendation?  You can view the trailer here, but my advice is don't.  Go into it cold.  MoSup falls asleep during a lot of movies; not this one.  I indeed gave it 5 stars, and am surprised Hollywood hasn't covered this already.


5 comments:

Juice said...

Have seen this Audrey Tautou, film. It's quirky, no? She's also great in Amelie. Your Bond film sounds fun! Will watch.
Two views seen here lately, The Tunnel and The Lives of Others. Both German, both cold war, both reminding me of where we're headed.
BTW, am at 26 days w/o TV...and....counting. Not sure I want to start a two year contract w/Dish for the five months we'll be in this no cable zone of FL. Poor Mr. Juice = has. no. football. What say ye? ITMT, thank goodness for Netflix.

Anonymous said...

"He Loves Me...He Loves Me Not" delivers what any M. Night Shyamalan film only promises: a genuine, mind-blowing twist. One of my all-time favorites.

Chadd in FL

jodi said...

I saw Audrey in Amelie, too. I loved that movie. I think she is a wonderful actress. Might just have to breakdown and get a netflix account.

Juice- We went without TV for a few months after dropping Direct TV. Finally, got AT&T U-verse. College football is what pushed our decision. We've been happy with the service.

Juice said...

Jodi, thanks for that tip, we'll check it out. :)

Anonymous said...

Juice, go to ebay and buy a Dish or Direct box. Cheapo for <$50 or with recorder for more...
Make SURE it has no 'balance due' on it or it will not be able to be authorized for use.
Now, you can sign up for month-at-a-time service. You won't get the install nor the 'free' HBO etc, but you will get football.
You may have to buy a dish and LNBF also, but they are not expensive.
After you are done, you can sell it back on ebay.
Dish installation is not very difficult. And, you have an enthusiastic installer...
tomw

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.