Sunday, November 07, 2010

A soldier's lament

Why I quit...
Desert Storm vet explains decision to leave Air Force after 22 years
You’ve elected officials who, for partisan points, spoke openly that the “…war is lost.” I happened to be in a dining facility in Baghdad that day, filled with the (mostly) young faces of (mostly) Army men and women. CNN was on the TVs, and things got very quiet when this elected official continued on, railing that the mission that some of these very people were here to do, had “…failed.”
America at the Mall

Maj. Banzet gets very specific, and I'm certain he speaks for, not just the vast majority if military families, but the rest of us too.   Even when we're at the mall, we think of you.

  • You elected officials who continually defame and berate military members ...
  • You elected officials that promised to take property from some Americans, and give it to you, merely because they had more than you did ...
  • You elect officials who openly embrace illegal activity; but they don’t have to live with the consequences.
  • You elect officials who are openly racist, decrying that “White folks’ greed drives a world in need…” and that their own grandmother was a “…typical white person.
  • The Justice Department is now apparently, under sworn testimony, the Department of Racial Payback ...
My oath was this: “I, Mike, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

 I took that oath seriously. But you have responsibilities, too. You should take them seriously. [...]

Tom Mann

1 comment:

Helly said...

Excellent.

Fortunately, Vermont Yankees take our voting responsibilities seriously, and demand that our representatives uphold the highest … ice cream cone.

*bag over head*

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.