Thursday, November 04, 2010

Superman 2.1

Rent Superman 2: The Donner Cut
What I didn’t know at the time was that Superman and Superman 2 were conceived and shot as a single massive undertaking. ... Another director was brought on who had a different vision of the sequel, one that included bad jokes and removing any trace of characterization or good acting. That was the film we got in theaters.

But in 2006, thanks to popular demand, we finally got a DVD release of Donner’s original. This isn’t just a few different camera angles, about half the film has never been seen and let me assure you, it’s the best half. I saw another review of this release that said if you haven’t seen the Donner cut of Superman 2, you haven’t seen Chris Reeve’s best work as Superman. I think that’s true.


Superguy
NOT DONNER

It's been awhile, but I do seem to remember liking #3 better than #2.   - Via Verum Serum (which means "Vermont Syrup" if I remember my Greek)

3 comments:

Ralph Gizzip said...

What's the opposite of Christopher Reeve?






Christopher Walken!

Anonymous said...

Damn funny.....;-DDD

Ad rem...

DougM said...

Donner? Pass.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.