Tuesday, December 14, 2010

W.H. to Olbermann: No Nazis, please


Gibbs- a no nazience guy
White House press secretary Robert Gibbs advised the liberal commenter Keith Olbermann on Monday to refrain from using comparisons to Nazi Germany after the MSNBC host likened President Obama’s deal on tax cuts to Nazi appeasement.

“Whenever you compare anything to what the Nazis did, if you ever get to that point in your speech, stop, because nothing does, and hopefully, God willing, nothing ever will,” Gibbs told reporters. 

Asked if Obama heard Olbermann’s “special comment,” Gibbs replied, “I doubt the president heard that.” [Politico]

What a zoo.


9 comments:

Steve in Greensboro said...

As one retard to another...

toadold said...

Oh I can picture Gibbs in Nazi regalia, I just have a problem seeing him with an Iron Cross.
I remember a story about a German who got into a trouble with the allied occupation forces because they found a pre-war photo of him in a black military uniform and thought he was an unreported SS.
It turned out that he belonged to an auto club and they wore black military style uniforms.
In pre-war Germany it seemed any organization you could name had a military style uniform. Even the plain clothes police dressed so much alike they had trouble staying undercover.

Kristophr said...

Why is Gibbs wearing a World War One uniform?

TimO said...

I don't see anyone in the White House dressing in Nazi uniforms, but I'm sure a lot of them have secret closets filled with latex, leather and dresses...

toadold said...

Some of the leather crowd like the Nazi look.
"Oh beat me, spank me, and call me a Jewwww!"

DougM said...

Is Olberman wearing a Soviet-issue KGB suit?

By the way, the proper response to Comrade Propaganda Minister Gibbs is, "You don't get to tell me what words I can use, and what questions I can ask ... jackass."

Anonymous said...

"Is Olberman wearing a Soviet-issue KGB suit?"

ummm, no. That's a ChiCom-issue furry suit.

e~C

Anonymous said...

"I get asked, 'Doesn't it bother you when people call you a Nazi?' No, and for a very simple reason: no one has ever had a fantasy about being tied to a bed and ravished by someone dressed as a liberal." - P. J. O'Rourke
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

He "donesn't think about Sarah Palin" either.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.