Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Images

TOP TEN IMAGES

Baby Loading
This image was not only viewed over half a million times, it spawned an entire printing business! Josh from Stikkitnow.com created this shirt for his girlfriend, Danielle. When he showed it to the folks over at Reddit, they fell in love with it (and her). Since then, Josh has been printing shirts, decals, and everything else as his full time job. A few months later, baby Roslyn was born and is doing great.


These are the web site IMGUR's top ten  pictures that,  according to them,  were viewed "over 20 billion times!"  Of the 10, I only saw one (#6  "If you buy a video ...").  If  I was picking the top picture of 2010, and I guess I am, it would be this one, especially in terms of social impact.

As an aside, apropos of nothing, but prolly significant in ways I don't want to know, last night I watched - and enjoyed - National Lampoon's Van Wilder.  What's odd about that is I have in the past tried to watch it about a dozen times, and thought it was stupid.  Never got further than a few minutes.  Sigh. Don't say it.  La la la la la la la la la ... .


One more thing that has no relevancy to anything else in this post.  When the family was gathered for Christmas, I mentioned that I had been watching a lot of foreign films on NetFlix and suggested a Swedish film everyone would prolly love called The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and the sequel The Girl Who Played with Fire .  Responses follow:
  • Greep: Dad, that was like the best selling book of the last decade.
  • Joe: We were so anxious to read the sequel that I stopped in London and bought the British release a full six months before it was available here.
  • MoSup.  I even read it
  • All: Eyes rolling

Fricking Democrats have ruined my life.


11 comments:

SondraK, Lympian Slayer said...

We watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a couple weeks ago. It was good and we were about to NetFlix the sequel but I can't deal with graphic violent rape scenes and it appeared as though the second one would be likely to have more.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Okay, I just realized Joker Obama was a 2009 phenomenon. Don't look at me, I'm hideous.

Wabano said...

Speaking of imgur:
http://i.imgur.com/beCCk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/I92gw.jpg

B....... said...

I too recently watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on my new Roku - thanks Rodge for both those tips. And I agree with SK about graph rape scenes, but the parole officer's payback made up for it.

Marie said...

Used to be a man was ashamed for getting a girl pregnant before he married her.

I guess now it is something to boast about.

Glad the baby is doing well. Hope he has married parents soon.

MoFiZiX Gr4FiX said...

This one's got em all beat...

Juice said...

Okay. Going back to the photo, Baby Loading.... LOVE it!! So less frightening than baby in the oven. yikes.

Anonymous said...

Just one more bastard child in the world.

Anonymous said...

@Marie -- I agree. My wife and I were married for six years before we chose to have our son. Additionally, we were in our early thirties when we married.

@Vonster -- Lighten up. Its not the child's fault. Its possible to be a bastard and be born to married parents.

Brigadier Major Mike

Anonymous said...

Anon: True- just look at Rahm.

toadold said...

Some people for some reason were trying to construct a time line for Obama's birth and his mother's "marriage." They are having a problem trying to figure out how the putative daddy was around to concieve him in the possible times. So the new specualtion is the "Birth Certificate" has the name "Handsome Stranger" as the father's, and that is the reason "nobody" want's to show it. He does seem to have all the qualities of a right bastard though.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.