Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dear Times

Found treasure

Deer Skining With SFC Charlie Furness

I was looking for old pictures to send to a friend from my days at Fitzsimmons Army Hospital, and came across this.   Deer was taken in Frazier CO.  Helping me is Charlie Furness. Charlie was a glider pilot on D-Day, and one of few who landed his craft in one piece. We had a friend who ran the post bowling alley, and he let us barracks rats store meat in the walk-in freezer.  I forget, but I think this was a 28 point buck, taken from 900 yards with a 30-30.  That's my remembrance.

10 comments:

DougM said...

Not a bad shot for iron sights ... at dusk ... in the rain ... and 30-mph winds ... uphill both ways.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

OMG, you read my book!

Anonymous said...

So you had a custom made 6" tall ladder sight, popped him right in the eye, eh?
Good shot!
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Anonymous said...

you forgot running at full speed.

Anonymous said...

Running at full speed... the deer or Rodger?
I know; BOTH.
RAK

Anonymous said...

Any resemblance between what you're doing to that deer, Roger, and what my ex-wife did to me during the divorce proceedings are purely coincidental.

H

Anonymous said...

Funny how the memories of the good stuff come back so clearly : ) My 8 year old son got 2 this year , and my 15 year old daughter shot one from her bedroom window , IN HER PAJAMAS ! NO $#!+ ! smibsid

Anonymous said...

"Not a bad shot for iron sights ... at dusk ... in the rain ... and 30-mph winds ... uphill both ways.

"Well how the hell do I know how those powder burns got there?" Borrowed from the greatest, Patrick McMannus.

Anonymous said...

Like my Grampy used to say, "The older I get, the better I was."

Anonymous said...

How the deer got into her pajamas we have no idea, but the clothes line has been taken down.
Rey B

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.