Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bart's Room

Bart Got A Room


I love coming of age movies because I hope to myself one day.  Srsly, COA films are usually a safe bet to entertain without any serious unpleasantness.  Bart Got A Room is really a very good movie for something I never heard of, but then I don't follow them.   William H. Macy is seldom (ever?)  in a bad movie, and he is definitely the star of this one.  He plays the divorced (from Cheryl Hines) father who wants to be his son's (Steve Kaplan) age, and treats him like a younger brother.  Bart refers to a friend of the son who is such a loser, that by telling his parents "Even Bart Has _____" gets mom and dad on his team.  What Bart got in this movie is a date to the prom, and a room in the hotel for afterwards.  Juice, you will like this. Oh, it's available on NetFlix instant.

5 comments:

badanov said...

Damn you, Rodge! Now I gotta go rent this film!

badanov said...

BTW, I get this Monday.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

but .. but ... but you should be happy.

Anonymous said...

badanov - one of my favorites. A very under-acclaimed and practically unknown movie, probably because it is so hard to categorize.

Schultze!

JtB

Juice said...

William H. Macy is always great, this is true. badanov's movie looks like something I would love, also. BTW, ain't Netflix the bestest evah?

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.