Friday, March 25, 2011

War Inc.

WAR, Inc. (2008)

(but recommended for the fun)
Let's cut the shit, Walken! I like killing people as much as the next guy, but I signed up to kill the bad ones! Health clinics, trade unionists, journalists, agricultural co-ops, catholic liberation theologians, impoverished Colombian coffee farmers, these are the barbarians that are brave opponents of civilization? We turned Central America into a fuckin' graveyard! Whoever momentarily interrupts the acummulation of our wealth, we pulverize! I'm just not feeling good about that anymore, sir!  - John Cusack as Brand Hauser

Go figure.  In WAR,INC we have a movie starring one of Hollywood's premier leftists (John Cusack as a hitman posing as a trade show producer) who works for (thinly disguised) ex Vice President Dick Cheney (Dan Aykroyd),  front man for capitalist war mongering  Tamerlane industries. Hilary Duff, Marisa Tomei ( a reporter for liberal magazines), Ben Kingsley and Joan Cusack  also star in this Hollywood parody about post-Bush United States. And I loved it. Rotten Tomatoes did not.

Like I said, there is no more smug leftist Hollywood asshat blabbermouth than John Cusak, but I just like the guy.  I think because he reminds me of so many of the kids I grew up with in Chicago, or maybe myself?  I could definitely hang with him,  and make fun of his idiotic politics, but that's just me. And hey, the Arabs have names like "Omar Sharif," and Joan Cusak is "Marsha Dillon."  It's a snort; so over the top that it parodies the people who made it. 

3 comments:

toadold said...

Reminds me of "Endgame" a movie made just after Obama was elected. It depicts a secret organization that did all kinds of dirty work especially for the Bush administration. I was laughing my ass off because everything they accused the evil conspiracy actions of the Republicans, the Democrats are now doing in spades. They've got newsreel outtake of Obama talking about transparency and no more secrets.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

'zactly boldtoad - Democrats are a living parody of themselves. Explain's everything.

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty good list but he left off a few I'd consider essential for a good house cleaning.

H The Comet

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.