Thursday, April 07, 2011

Baby Hummingbird Nest

Baby Hummingbird Nest
  After having nesting house finches with 5 babies on my front door, a neighbor who enjoyed that saga Email'ed me about a hummingbird nest at a nearby golf course. I have some old pictures of colorado hummingbirds, but had never seen a nest.
It's amazing how well camouflaged it is - would have never seen it if it hadn't been pointed out to me - thanks Brian!
Be sure to scroll down as the pictures get better ... and check out the Hi-Def videos at the bottom

Baby Humming Bird Saga

The best you'll ever see, I warrant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's pretty neat.
Tim

Tom Mann said...

Those are wonderful photos.

Anonymous said...

if there was a God why would He make something like that...?
oh the wonders
george

molonlabe28 said...

And they taste like chicken.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

The tongues? I think they taste like buttah.

F. Mitterand said...

Les ortolans? Magnifique!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.