Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lisa Moon Virus

Lisa Moon - EAT ME!

LisaMoon Virus

Marc Miller sent me this link in an e-mail last week.  As it happened, I had just minutes before run up against something that looked like Lisa Moon.  It just now hapopened again. I know better than to click the RED X , or "OK," so I attempted to close the tab.  Nuh-uh.  I tried closing the browser.  Nuh-uh.  What I do in this situation is right click on the bottom of the screen and select "Start Task Manager." Highlite the browser and click "End Task."  Poof, it's closed in a flash (this is handy for programs that freeze up, too).

LisaMoon Virus
When you restart (I use Firefox) it may ask do you want to restore last session?

 NO! Start fresh.

My wife doesn't want to hear all this rigmarole, so I told her to turn of f the computer and re-boot. I'm sure others have solutions of their own, but this works for me. I would dearly love it if we devoted ¼ of the resources we spend trying to find (the prolly dead) Osama bin Laden, and went after these guys.  And killed them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My solution? Don't use Windows. Things work, and it really cuts down on virus worries.
But I understand... your scared to try Linux... woooooo BOO!

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Borrrrrrrrrrr-ing

Anonymous said...

OBL's been about eight years in a cave. No women, no booze, no goats. Already filled all the walls with cave drawings. Out of video tape, besides, everybody does Blueray now. What else could he do? Choke chickens? But there's still the other 15 hours in the day.
I think OBL does all this weird web stuff.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Vaporware said...

Go ahead and keep using Windows, Rodger. The schadenfreude is entertaining. Kinda sad, but definitely amusing.

Anonymous said...

I get so sick of all you anti-Microsoft snobs. Apple is for people with more money than brains, who don't mind spending two or three times as much for their computers and don't like them to have too many confusing options to decide. The last time I looked, Linux was ideal for nerds who enjoy dinking around with their computers more than actually doing anything with them.

Sure, Windows isn't perfect. I use about 500 gigs of bandwidth a month so my computer is almost never turned off. My latest computer has been running Win7 for more than a year now with no trouble whatsoever. My previous computer did the same running XP for more than five years. I only had a couple of minor inconveniences and only replaced it because I had indications that my hard drive and other hardware were wearing out. If you don't do anything dumb Windows is a fine system that offers the best flexibility with the least trouble.

So I want you guys to apologize to Rodger and promise him that you will stop picking on him just because he isn't as computer savvy or otherwise as sophisticated as the rest of us. (heehee!)
GrinfilledCelt

El Jefe said...

CTRL+SHIFT+ESC will bring up Task Manager as well.

IF the 'End Task' button doesn't kill Firefox then:
1. Click on the Processes tab
2. Find Firefox.exe
3. Right-click it and select End Process Tree

If that still ain't gettin' it done then power off/on and check to see if any other 'suspicious' programs are running

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Grin is saying this http://tinyurl.com/3slqwme

pdwalker said...

Highly agree.

We should put a bounty on these miserable c*cks#ck$rs. Perferably dead.

Anonymous said...

*cough*Chiner*cough*

e~C

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.