Saturday, April 09, 2011

Stuff

potporry
Via  View From The Porch ...

This just in...

Indiana Tam
   As the shutdown approaches, we have received top secret spy-cam footage of a high-level government meeting. Unfortunately, it was unsigned, so I can't tell if it came from the office of Reid, Boehner, or even the Big O himself... Anyhow, here it is: Click to Watch.
As an aside to that bombshell, Tam writes:

That's, like, a million in blog years.

Fifteen years ago, I had a 14.4k modem in a Pentium 133-powered Compaq Deskpro, but no 'net connection at home. The only web surfing I did was occasionally at work; it wasn't 'til a pending layoff coincided with AOL offering flat-rate monthly pricing that I bothered installing the internets on my home machine.  [...] Had I been aware of it, I could have pointed my shiny new Explorer icon at the web log of one Charles G. Hill, which is celebrating its fifteenth birthday today. [cont]

Fifteen years?  That's 1996! I had just started to post on the New York Times bb, and the brand new WaPost bb (moderated by Howard Kurtz). In 2007 I discovered Free Republic, which at the time had about 5 readers (but was listed on Drudge as "Whitewater.") .  Jim Robinson taught me how to use HTML.  Anyway, I stumbled across BlogSpot on April 2, 2002, and posted my first gem two days later.

Kornheiser and Wilbon have the best sports show on television, but insist on lifting their dresses and displaying leftist pubes way too often.

Until now, I figgered I was one of the longest running bloggers, but I'm not even close. But wait - I just noticed that (if you use IE) the interactive SodraK at the shooting gallery still works!  Bam Bam Bam.

2 comments:

Merrily said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I miss the old header and it was nice seeing it again.

H the Comet

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.