Monday, May 23, 2011

Dobbs Logo

Blast from the past

The way new Blogger works is any changes to the logo or blog format are applied universally through the archives.  So I was surprised to find this artifact in my own archives.  If I remember correctly, I was telling a story on myself in this post. This is how I met Juice and Mr. Juice.  She stumbled across my blog and recognized Vanessa Dobbs as her daughters room-mate!  Vanessa left the Air Force when her enlistment was up, and went to college.  Juice Jr. is still in the Air Force and last I heard was shooting Talibanners from pretty much that same window.

Dobbs Logo ca 2003
"If your goal is to change minds and influence people, it's probably not a good idea to begin by asserting that virtually all elected Democrats are liars. But what the hell."

Friday, December 19, 2003

   A man was tired of being bossed around by his wife so he went to a shrink. The psychiatrist said he needed to build his self-esteem, and gave him a book on assertiveness.

    He had finished the book by the time he reached his house. The man stormed into the house and walked up to his wife. Pointing a finger in her face, he said,

    "From now on, I want you to know that - I -am the man of this house, and my word is law! I want you to prepare me a gourmet meal tonight, and when I'm finished eating my meal, I expect a sumptuous dessert afterward. Then, after dinner, you're going to draw me my bath so I can relax. And, when I'm finished with my bath, guess who's going to dress me and comb my hair?"
    "The fucking funeral director," said his wife.

Posted by Rodger Schultz at 1:05 PM | 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember if you ever identified the 3 young ladies in the short red skirts: sure look like the Lennon Sisters ... I was in love (from afar) w/ the youngest one for awhile.

Angus - BASC

Rodger the Real King of France said...

No, that was a stock Photo. I later used it in the Bar Scene logo. In that one MoSup was inserted as one of the girls (my dad was the bartender).

Anonymous said...

That was about the time I started visiting Kim Du Toit kept mentioning your blog so I had to look...
RAK

DougM said...

RAK,
So that's you in the diaper, then?

Anonymous said...

As I recall, there was a previous version that more prominently featured those three young women and the diapered kid. I was coming here just to view it, then the common viewpoint and the company caught me.
GrinfilledCelt

Mark Alger said...

Ah, yes. I remember that old tag line about Democrats being liars. How quaint, now that we know the situation is much, MUCH worse.

M

Anonymous said...

Why, yes Doug, it is...
RAK

Anonymous said...

I misses me the bar scene and the aerial gunner scene very muchly Sahib. Just sayin' here, Boss.

H the Comet

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I remember that-was it really 8! years ago?
MM

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.