Monday, June 13, 2011

Good Head

Sennheiser Wireless

Sennheiser RS 120

By the way Zeek, the Sennheiser RS 120 headphones arrived yesterday - Amazon, $70.85 shipped.  What a revelation!  The ear piece doesn't hurt; it's not even annoying.  The sound is what blew my mind though.  It's true that my TV Ears* are not stereo, but, wow.  I threw my Saving Private Ryan CD into the player.  The landing scene is my go-to test for evaluating speakers, etc.  They scored a solid A.  I hear things I would have missed entirely with TV Ears, and hear so clearly I haven't required captions. 

Even better, the rechargeable batteries that I expected to be like TV Ears ($30 replacement) are rechargeable AA batteries. A downside were the instructions.  If there are 100 words total, I'm Brad Pitt, and printed in unreadable 4 point type.  I spent considerable time looking for how to charge the damned things, or even where the batteries went.  Wasn't expecting the ingenious "hang and charge" system.  Also, if I lower the  television volume too much, it shuts down.  It has auto turnoff if no sound is present, but  thinks a volume setting of lower than "5" is off.  All that's nit-picky though.  These things are the berries!


*They sell a line of what look like TV Ears - but these cost $314.95!
Sennheiser Wireless Headphones

7 comments:

hellferbreakfast said...

Wish I had T.V. ears.

drew458 said...

Senneheiser makes good stuff. Proper German engineering und all dat shies.I have a set of their almost top headphones and the sound is amazing. But I'd use them a lot more if they were cordless at the same level of sound quality.

Anonymous said...

I am wearing a pair of 110's as we speak. I like them a lot. Do not leave them laying about if you have dogs. They love to munch the ear cups.
Just after Christmas, Amazon has a sale on these things, as well Ebay has great deals on these things without the stand. Momma can wear a pair or you can have one recharge while you wear the other ones. Enjoy.
Chuck from Tacoma

Marie said...

Bear with the stupid question: if a big ol' deaf man could get convinced to wear these things while watching tv, could the rest of the family whose ears still function properly hear the tv, too?

Anonymous said...

Glad you like them. I too was amazed at all the subtle sounds that I never realized were there. Mine don't turn off unless the volume is zero, I have them plugged into the headphone jack on my receiver so no matter what I listen to I get the sound, so I can listen to CD and such and still use them.

Took me a couple of days to even find the batteries and I had the same pleasant surprise to see they were just common batteries. I've never had mine run down or need changing, not once. Since I got mine on Woot they are likely an older model so there may be some differences, different, minor cosmetics like the outside grill, mine are a metal mesh instead of plastic with holes.

And to Marie's question the answer is yes as the headphones have their own separate volume control.

Woot Off day today!!

Zeek

TimO said...

I own a couple of Sennheiser mics and headphones; they make great stuff.

Anonymous said...

Ni-cads work great if you use them a lot. They actually last longer if you give them a regular workout. If you leave them on the shelf, as in an emergency flashlight or some such, they just die. You're better off using lithiums for storage.
GrinfilledCelt

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.