Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Killing a Toyota

Killing a Toyota
Jeremy Clarkson puts Toyota's claim the their Hilux pick-up is virtually indestructible to the ultimate test.

I'm given to hyperbole from time to time, but this is not one of those times.  If the BBC for some reason yanked its Top Gear archive from the American market, I'd move to Great Britain.  So I could watch it.  This is from 2003 I believe.  They do something like this on every show.  Imagine Noel Coward hosting a car show.  I love it.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They will have that truck on display in the studio for ages afterwards. I LOVE that show! Have you reached their road trip across the south yet? ;)

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Actually they did bring that truck back after Toyota built a truck and named it after this stunt (I forget the name)

No to the US trip. I'm still on 2004, watching one episode a day (when I feel like braking things).

Anonymous said...

Is this the episode where they leave the truck, which they've tried to kill multiple times, out on the beach at low tide? "I'll be back..." should be the Toyota motto. They could not kill it...
tomw

Anonymous said...

The roadtrip from Miami to Nawlins is cute, but not their best work. My favorite roadtrip is the one from San Fran to the Bonneville Salt Flats where they max out the speed of their muscle cars.

Casca

Anonymous said...

You've got to watch James May's Road Trip for a treat. This week was the last episode of their California Men's Drinking Vacation. Don't worry, they destroy their Wine-abago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oz_and_James%27s_Big_Wine_Adventure

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Damn Casca I made a note to find that the last time and then forgot. Thanks for the remind.

Anonymous said...

Rog, email me your mailing address. I'm making you a DVD.

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

send me an e-mail

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.