Friday, June 10, 2011

Metastasized Democrats

Police Arrest A Bunch Of Folks In Europe For Linking To Infringing Content

After the US lobbyists complained about Kino.to, an online site that linked to (but did not store, copy, reproduce, transmit, etc.) infringing works, apparently European law enforcement decided to "do something." Working off of a Dresden-based warrant, police raided homes in Germany, Spain, France and the Netherlands and arrested 13 people, with a 14th still being sought— [TechDirt]

DNC metastasizing

A commenter asked
"Let's say that I link to a video someone else uploaded on YouTube that is violating an MPAA copyright. How am I liable for infringement of copyright if I neither uploaded the video nor made a copy of the video by posting the link?"
Another answered
I don't know what the european laws are on the subject. Under Protect IP in order to be actionable the linking site would have to be both dedicated to infringing activities AND have no other significant commercial purpose. So using your example, I'd say the answer is no.

The real issue, and problem:
  1. "US lobbyists complained"
  2. Increasing numbers of American judges who believe it's okay to use European court decisions as precedent.
  3. New U.S. Precedent
These and other nettlesome threats against freedom are, of course, simply the Democratic Party metastasizing.  ZAP!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang or impeach, I'm good either way.

Casca

Anonymous said...

Hang. Clinton didn't go away with impeachment.

Tong

I-RIGHT-I said...

I say hang, my stock in ACME Hemp and Razor Wire hasn't been looking to good lately.

Anonymous said...

Hang my a**, I say off with their heads.

ron

Anonymous said...

If the rope is too long, the head just pops off, but I get it Ron. Some things demand blood. This is a message that will send the muzzies back to their goats.

Casca

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.