Monday, June 20, 2011

Top Gear Top Notch

Top Gear Sampler


I've always been like this.  Compelled to tell (sell) people about stuff I think is top notch.  In April I told you that for me, Top Gear is The Best Show on Television.  Here it is June 20, and I'm even further impressed.  I cannot begin to tell you the salutary effect it has on me.  I watch the archived series on Net Flix (via ROKU), and am now just three episodes into series #4.  I husband each episode lest I run out too soon.  I'm not kidding,  Anyway, cuzzin ricky sent me this clip from series 15.  It is the essence of Top Gear, and why it doesn't make a twit whether you follow car trends and performance.  It's just fun.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been watching James May's Roadtrip on the BBC channel? He and wine expert Oz Clark are driving through the California wine country.

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

No - I'll look it up.

jodi said...

Oh how funny! Thanks for the morning laugh Sir Rodger.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

my pleasure fair maid

gebiv said...

Season 16 is about to start this Sunday.

gebiv said...

Sorry. Season 17 starts Sunday.

El Jefe said...

I've been watching Top Gear since the '90s (when I was based in the UK). Love it. For the most part.

Case in point: whenever Clarkson starts prattling on about American politics is when I start reaching for the revolver to shoot the TV.

Look up the one where they fly into Miami, buy some beaters and make a trek for New Orleans and you'll understand why.

Anonymous said...

this is indeed the best. 3 cheers for the highness. My parents and I tivo the seasons and frequently are laughing about on the floor. Top. Gun. Shit.
makes you still have hope for the bulldogs

-bfhogues

El Jefe said...

BTW: Just filled up here in the UK

15 US gallons of gas = $135

Yes, you read that right.

One HUNDRED and thirty five dollars for FIFTEEN gallons

Dean said...

Jeremy Clarkson and the whole Top Gear BBC crew is hilarious. Nice try U.S. but the original on BBC is the best.

DougM said...

Anon (1)
Yes, 90% of it is great!
I did the CA part of his tour back in the '70s before most of those places existed. Looks like I need to go back.

Gotta agree w/Rodge,
it's just plain fun.

pdwalker said...

ignore their politics. Enjoy the humour.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.