Saturday, July 09, 2011

Interesting anecdote

Sometimes this is true.  Ahem. Like now.

 
'froBama
  This guy worked at Republic Steel for 10 years until its closing  in 1983.
 
  The  best line he says that he ever heard there was when this  young black kid was being reprimanded for the last  time.


  The  black youth said to the shop foreman, “you’re firing me  because I’m black!”

  The  boss said, “No, we hired you because you were black.    We’re  firing you because you’re useless!”
  I  hope that we will remember this in November  2012.
Tim

4 comments:

Juice said...

That's a triple clap-clap-clap, Tim. Yep, nine claps. ;)

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Juice ... I'd ask where you been but I know. Facebook, right?

Alear said...

My Ole man took his high school degree and bear hunting skills outta the upper Minnesota wilds into the killing fields of east Asia, 1945.

Brought it back, married my mom, started as a clerk at Republic Steel. Worked his way up to a high honcho, always non-union. But he'd be the first to agree, every time the unions ratcheted up a raise, the executives also got a raise. We lived large. (He also worked hard as a farmer.)

He got let go around 1983, when they went bankrupt and he was trying to sell steel at $100/ton when it costs him $600/ton to produce, and while I was overseas, one my bros told me he cried to hear that his pension was not to be.

There's gonna be tears across America. Stock up.

Juice said...

Rodge, Occasionally fb. Mostly, just phking burned out on polytricks. Even lost interest for the Rush Man lately. We're heading into an election year that should prove to be uglier than a baboons azz with all the lying and hiding. ugh Who is going to hold our president accountable for all his illegal choices? It makes so pizzed. >:/

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.