Wednesday, July 06, 2011

My Coronation

My Coronation

  Mr. Gailey...  have you anything further to offer?          
                  
Yes, I have, Your Honor. I'd like to submit the following facts in evidence.   It concerns the Post Office Department...an official agency of the United States government. ...United States postal laws and regulations... make it a criminal offense to willfully misdirect mail... or intentionally deliver it to the wrong party. Consequently... (Miracle on 34th Street )
Consequently...

Recognized by the U.S. Postal Service

Casca sent me a DVD of a James May California Roadtrip episode (which you may view here ). I enjoyed it immensely Casca, just brilliant.  It's is in the rotation.

James May is also one of the three regulars on BBC's Top Gear, a series that is one of the 2 or 3 things (family) that make life bearable. More to the point however, his letter should be seen by one and all as my— The Real King of France—  coronation.  And yes, I fully intend to fulfill my Droit du seigneur obligations. I will be gentle (Note to MoSup: duty and all that)
How much for the little girl?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO, hell, I figured you got mail addressed like that all the time.

I watched the Season 1 episodes in France this weekend, and am in the process of creating that DVD. It should be in the mail by the end of the week. It's even better in some ways than the California season. Season three starts on BBC America in a couple of weeks.

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Thanks Casca, but don't bother. His Road shows are on BBC cable, and also the web.

Anonymous said...

Rodge, have you gotten to the finale of season 13 yet? Clarkson's soliloquy?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

soliloquy? No. I started with 1992 and am now on s7:e6, having just finished s7:e5 (Where Clarkson, driving the $5,000,000 Bugatti Veyron races James and the Hamster flying a Cessna from Italy to London)

Anonymous said...

It spoke to me when I finally saw it. One of the few serious moments of the show, which gives it a bit of gravitas. It's worth the wait though, so no need to skip ahead. Prolly better that way anyhow.

Trevor

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.