Saturday, July 02, 2011

Woman sworn in ...

The year is 2016 ...

The year is 2016 and the United States has just elected the first woman president, who happens to be from Wisconsin . A few days after the election the president-elect, whose name is Susan, calls her Father and says, 'So, Dad, I assume you will be coming to my inauguration?'

'I don't think so. It's an 18 hour drive."

'Don't worry about it Dad, I'll send Air Force One. And a limousine will pick you up at your door.'

Sworn in
'I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy. What would your mother wear?'

Oh Dad," replies Susan, 'I'll make sure she has a wonderful gown custom-made by the best designer in Washington ..'

'Honey,' Dad complains, 'you know I can't eat those rich foods you eat.' Do they serve tap beer ????

The President-to-be responds, 'Don't worry Dad. The entire affair will be handled by the best caterer in Washington , I'll ensure your meals are salt free. You and mom just have to be there.'
 
So Dad reluctantly agrees and on January 20, 2017, Susan is being sworn in as President of the United States . In the front row sits the new president's Dad and Mom. Dad noticing the senator sitting next to him leans over and whispers, 'You see that woman over there with her hand on the Bible, becoming President of the United States ..'
 
The Senator whispers back, 'You bet I do.'
 
Dad says proudly, "Her brother played football for the Green Bay Packers."

Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.