Friday, October 14, 2011

A Fine Fap

I've been busy fixing stuff ... 




On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 :


So there was that.  However, of late it's been difficult  to use Firefox because it would regularly go to
"not responding" mode for from several seconds to having to use Task Manager to close it. Today it became just too much.  I've been using IE 7 a lot the past two days—  which is why the formatting has improved.   I can't stand sloppiness. . 

An hour ago I said screw it; I'll reinstall Firefox 4xx and hope it cures thingsAfter installing the new program I am, as Hubert Humphrey was wont to exclaim, ticked to death with the performance.  I was able to reinstall every one of my add-ons, and it's fast.  Not as fast as IE, but Firefox is a comfortable shoe so I'll live with it and have my add-ons.  

So guess what I just figured out?   What I installed was Firefox 7.1.  Huh?  I never heard of it.  What happened to the miserable much ballyhooed 4.0 series?  Never mind, I don't care.  I'm a happy boy again. 


I was busy


8 comments:

gadfly said...

I loaded Firefox 7.01 on my new Sony Vaio F Series laptop and immediately got super pissed. Firefox 7 just doesn't get along with the the faster processor, Windows 7 and full HD video. I spent day one resizing my shrunk down displays on my favorite blog pages.

I finally got desperate enough to download IE9 and mother have mercy, the f*ckr is Magnifcent! Whodathunkit!

Jim - PRS said...

I wish I understood this stuff.

Anonymous said...

We MAC users don't ever have such problems . I guess it's a form of penance for pc users ; ) > SMIBSID

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Bor-ring

Rodger the Real King of France said...

BTW, I still had to do this. Why it's not a simple tool option is beyond me.

ENABLE 'SAVE TABS ON QUIT'

Anonymous said...

self-flag·el·la·tion
Noun:
The action of flogging oneself, esp. as a form of religious discipline.
Whatever floats yer boat Boss . ; ) > SMIBSID

Kristophr said...

Apparently no one does beta tests anymore.

Just ship it. If it's a steaming turd, we'll fix it later.


SMIBSID: Apple tends to make software companies toe their line in order to put a mac logo on the box. This has disadvantages as well as advantages.

Anonymous said...

I don't know a gigabyte from a floppy disc , I'm just a redneck who happened to be shown MAC first . I tried using a p c recently , and was completely lost . I do know that I have not experienced any of the problems that you p c guys sometimes talk about . I was lucky to have a GREAT TEACHER , THANKS ERIC (AKA , Captain Cryptic ) . I just enjoy rattling the King's cage ! He knows that I luv Him , and I promise not to let it happen again if he'll post something with a SEXY ROLLOVER ! I'll do my penance tomorrow morning . Ill be the lector at 8:00 mass , at St. Mary's , Newport ! ( George Washington used to race His horses there ) ; ) > SMIBSID

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.