Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chicago Italian Beef II

CHRISTMAS
Tasteful Tastiness
Chicago Italian Beef II

 
Rotting AF1
Does this look magnificent, or what?

Rotting AF1
 After nearly 12 hours I pulled the plug on my Italian Beef.  After allowing it to settle overnight, I fork shredded it.  By using a bottom round roast (the recipe called for rump roast) the result looked a bit more like pulled pork than Italian beef, but the taste is magnificent.  The au jus is so good I could drink it all straight up.  So, there you have it.  Merry Christmas. 

 


11 comments:

BlogDog said...

That's a gorgeous dish. And the food ain't bad lookin' neither!

Merry Christmas Dr!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Some juicy meat and buns in dat picture!

Cheesy said...

Thanks for the recipe, gonna try that-we cook in the crock pot regularly.
One question-your excellent illustration shows what appears to be cooked bell pepper with the meat, yet there is none in your recipe - what gives? Is there no truth in advertising?

Anonymous said...

Ok, while not as important as the taste, which I have no doubt is as delectable as you say it is, but I'm starting to buy in to the value of presentation of meals.

N.O'Really

I-RIGHT-I said...

That's one healthy gal right there but I think she ought to lay off the fries.

Anonymous said...

What fries?

Sir H the (I think I am in luv) Comet

Anonymous said...

Now I need a recipe for italian rolls...

Thanks Santa

Anonymous said...

Well you find a drunk Italian passed out in the street and roll him.
Nyuck, nyuck!

I'm with Blog Dog, Rodger. That looks tender, juicy and delectable and the Italian beef looks awesome too. I'll definitely salt that recipe away for future feasts.
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

Succulent! regardless of the nationality

Anonymous said...

I've been watching for updates for the last two days and I just noticed that there is a sandwich of some sort in that top photo.
Tim

Anonymous said...

Proof once again - there really is a GOD!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.