Thursday, December 29, 2011

Getting Boned Culture

Culture

Kim and Bieber Culture


 
Kim and Bieber

I cannot keep up with the pop culture.  I first noticed it some years ago when my kids giggled every time I'd use the word "sack."  Like, "I can't find my sack I just had."   I think is was only this year that I figured it out.  Just now I was reading  The 10 dumbest celeb tweets of 2011. Specifically:

8. Kim Kardashian

She may make millions off her Twitter endorsement deals, but her attempt at a joke enraged hundreds of Beliebers after she posted the “Dancing With the Stars” 1-800 number and called it Justin Bieber’s in an attempt to drum up votes for her brother Rob, who was a contestant on the show:

“OMG, I have @ JustinBieber’s ph
one #!!!! 800 8683402! CALL HIM! He’s taking calls for the next hour!!!”

I still don't get Justin Bieber, although I do know he's a teeny-bop idol.  What I can't fathom is why everybody— adults! seem  to feel obliged to ridicule this kid.  I mean, cruel and hateful stuff. as though his last name was Palin?   The other person what popped out of nowhere was Kim Kardashian.  I mean, she's everywhere.  But why?  

To find out I Googled her.  There was mention of, and link to her "sex tape"  Not like Paris Hilton's, where her boyfriend taped stuff and put it on the internet without her knowledge.  No, evidently Kardashian produced this the way others have a photo portfolio.   Yes, I watched it.  She is udderly a cow, but does have a nicely sculpted vajayjay with smooth, aerodynamic lines; I'll give her that.  And, she really did seem to enjoy what she was doing, and was obviously well rehearsed.   It worked. 

Having sex in public is now, evidently, what aspiring Hollywooder types feel they must do.  Watching Kardashian get boned didn't really do anything for me, other than leave me gob-smacked.  I tend to like the hint of things; fodder for the imagination.  Yes, I do like the idea that I can Google "[Top Gear celebrity name] naked" and almost always get a dozen hits.  But I don't like that I'm able to do it.  .


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read the list of tweets. Felt my IQ fall ten points. Paper, plastic, or gunny?

Casca

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the line, Rodger, The Real King of France.

Happy New Year.

j_c_

Tom Smith said...

I tend to like Bieber because he shares his fame. He makes himself available to fans and will play benefit shows for little or no attention.

badanov said...

A shattered nation longs to care about stupid bullshit again.

Anonymous said...

Because the little creep says the USA is evil ( but our dollars apparently are AOK ). screw him.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2011/02/justin-bieber-says-the-united-states-is-evil/

Anonymous said...

Bread + Circuses

ooo!! Squirrel !!!!!

e~C

Rodger the Real King of France said...

quite so

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.