Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year Wishes


A New Year Blah Blah Blah

Riding with Democrats
 

At year end I find myself  discombobulated.  The received prosopography must look like this to to the reader.   akimbo
Maybe because my principle foci these past several years have been on political stuff
and I've  discovered it's been like reading James Michener novels.  All very entertaining, but scripted and quite predictable after awhile.  Adam Smith's invisible hand is clenched by a  gummint fist in a life-or-death arm wrassle.  It's down to this for me, either Democrats and Liberals win, or America wins.  Not both.  Only solution I can muster involves uninvented aircraft and death rays. 

I explained in a comment below that this forum  is a stream-of-consciousness monologue. Everyday, and sometimes every hour, there's a new amuse-bouche. Lately the boosh has been airy, and without much substance. It's not that Obama & Co. have reached a depth of wretched behavior that's no longer fathomable; they have not.  Each day brings new and unique outrage.  On the day Obama was elected I posted, simply

As it turns out, nothing more needed to be said. Nothing written since has further advanced the understanding and tragedy of this government.

blah blah blah


Finally (for this post), thanks to everyone who supported me last year, either financially or with great content.  I could not function without either.   Happy New Year.  For now, I have a good deal of silliness saved up, and will indulge myself without apology.  I hope this doesn't sound too dour.  I just watched
Norm MacDonald: Me Doing Stand-Up (sample→), and am laughing my ass off.  You should too. 





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the same disease Rog. My doctor sez it`s caused by being a board member on my county Tea Party. I asked, "What should I do?

He paused (he is a former Marine, like me...), and said, "Well, you ain`t seen the real pain; prolly 10 months of real bad pain, BUT, after that my diagnosis is: if the pain goes away, celebrate w a whole bottle of Evan Williams Sour Mash Whiskey 1783! If pain doesn`t, do the same thing & then start a Revolution and build lots of prison camps in the Nevada f***ing desert!!!!

Snackeater said...

In keeping with the, well, semi-invented aircraft and WTF is 0bama trying to do theme, try reading this article:

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2011/12/30/america-deserves-answers-on-the-obama-administrations-decision-to-outsource-the-next-generation-of-light-attack-aircraft/?singlepage=true.

Sounds to me like the spirit of Darlene Druyun is alive and well at the Air Force--'cept I wonder who's getting the kickbacks this time?

Anonymous said...

I too have been awaiting Norm's latest.

Casca

Anonymous said...

A Simple Multiple Choice Exam
Instructions: Choose any two.

1. Be well informed.
2. Believe in America.
3. Vote Democrat.

GrinfilledCelt

PS - May the Great Hoo Hoo crap in your garden so that all you love will flourish and grow in the new year.

Merrily said...

Just knowing you laugh your ass off makes me very happy!!

Juice said...

Norm. :)

Anonymous said...

either Democrats and Liberals and Republicans win, or America wins. Not both.

FIFY.

[Disagree? Then how come not one of those red-rubber-nosed, big-floppy-shod "R's" has said even a tenth of what Bill Whittle or Mark Steyn has said? Ya can't fix a problem without naming it.]

Actually, the prosopography [tks for the new word!] does look exactly like that; only with imbedded spangles, glitter and squirrels. Yanno -- shiny objects and "Look! Squirrel!"

It's only purpose is to obfuscate -- and that just barely -- the picking clean of the corpse of a once great nation.

If we want Freedom, we're gonna hafta stand up.

Happy Noo Year -- Same as The Old Year...

e~C

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Ha Ha e-c, I have extra Zolofts!

Anonymous said...

Hmph. My Uncle is working on Happy Daze Syrup™ 1 tsp a day is all it takes. He's gonna be a gazillionaire!!!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.