Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ron Smith, R.I.P.

BALTIMORE
Ron Smith Announcement
Monday October 17th 2011on 1090 AM

 

  • On November 17 told listeners that he would halt his chemotherapy treatments after consulting with his doctor and his wife, June.
  • On November 28, Ron announced he was retiring from his on air duties because of his declining health, and that he had begun home hospice care.
  • He died at his home yesterday surrounded by his wife June and the rest of his family.
If you ever lived in the Baltimore area you know "The voice of reason."  A good man. 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May He Rest In Peace . smibsid

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I sort of broke with Ron after he broke with Bush's Iraq invasion. It annoyed the hell out of me, although history may prove him right. The main reason son I lost touch was WBAL dropped Rush Limbaugh, and the lead in to his show. I will always admire him, and wish we'd gone on one of his sponsored cruises. Pancreatic cancer took my dad, and I just hate it. So, if all of a sudden your cholesterol spikes, get ye to a cat-scan.

Anonymous said...

Tough stuff Pancreatic Cancer. Mom died of it. Should I have to face it, I don't think I'll do the chemo. Why kick the can down the road to merely prolong the misery.

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

You do it so your family can come to grips with it .. and also offer your suffering as a hedge against purgatory. And also to further bankrupt the socialized state.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.