Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sarah Sarah Sarah


Palin says not too late to consider presidential run



Sigh

In an interview to air on Fox Business Network's "Follow the Money" program, the 2008 Republican nominee for vice president was asked whether she would still consider a run for the White House.

"It's not too late for folks to jump in," Palin said. "Who knows what will happen in the future." [full]

Palin is the only person in my lifetime who could pull something like this off.  It's a long shot, but brilliant in its conception.    All she needs do is place her name on all the all primary ballots, and say, "Look, you know who I am, and you know what to expect from me. " There is a good, not great, but good possibility that there' enough teaparty energy out  there to create a ground swell for her nomination. ,  One can only hope. We need a Godsend.

  El Jefe

14 comments:

Jess said...

It's the kick in the door "I'm the new sheriff" mentality. By the time the surprise wears off, there's a new sheriff - and they don't take shit off anyone.

DougM said...

... and she hasn't had to be part of the current cannibalistic feeding frenzy. She's still Mrs Nice Gal with Republicans and Mama Griz to Dems. Aaaaaand the political/MSM assassination mobs have already had their shots at 'er ... and missed.

DougM said...

Wait, am I gettin' a Tebow vibe, here?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Praise Jeebuz! Yes.

Anonymous said...

Nobody likes a cock tease.

Casca

leelu said...

...I'm thinking that this relatively new extra-long election cycle is designed to work in favor of the incumbent - the opposition has plenty of time to self-destruct or be picked off by random hookers. (As I recall, it was the Clintons who started the trend. No surprise)

So Palin sits back and waits until the field is clear.

God, I hope I'm right.

Palin/Rice, anyone??

El Jefe said...

Palin/Bolton if you please

Skoonj said...

El Jefe, I really like that combination. Palin-Bolton. That would bring competence in domestic and energy policy as well as foreign and military policy. Yes, a lot to like there.

Chuck Martel said...

In SC she would have to do a write-in. The primary is January 21 and the time to file has long expired.

Tom Mann said...

She's got my vote.

Cheesy said...

Thereby avoiding the circus of the rebublican debates, which have only served, for many people, to turn them off on one candidate or another. Very nicely done, Sarah. You have my vote!

leelu said...

El Jefe,

I only propose Palin/Rice because I thnk the spatter from exploding lib head would have a larger radius.

Palin/Bolton would surely kick serious butt.

I-RIGHT-I said...

If a male contender was accused of having a one nighter with a Black woman years and years ago it would be a virtue of sorts....

Anonymous said...

Palin/West would cream Kommander Kobe.

Way too many deadlines have passed for this to work but she's the most unconventional pol out there. So who knows. I do know this, she can draw huge crowds like no one else. I'd work my butt off for her if she did jump in.
MM

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.