Wednesday, December 14, 2011

TORA TORA TORA


 MFCKPMFC!
VIRUS

 


Fun#&#^W Virus


I came within a c-hair of wiping the disk and reinstalling.  Where did it come from?  I don't know.  I did an AVAST scan and it found something like 59 files of a FUN-something virus.  I deleted, but it was still there.  I ran Avast's start up scan (took an hour+.  Found a bunch of stuff and told me they were deleted.  No they were not.  Here's my question.  Since I have used AVAST for the past several years, how the hell did this stuff get in?  Anyway, eventually the virus took over AVAST, and even WIDOWS SAFE MODE!  I used my notebook and found this free deal.  You have to install it on a thumb drive because the virus won't let you access you disk (or the Internet).  It worked after three tries.  Then Windows had to reconstruct the Startup files, but here I am.  Let's not speak of this again.  Except, if I knew the identity of who is behind this I would h ... .  Truth be known, I think it was Obama.

http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html


11 comments:

BlogDog said...

(insert obligatory Mac comment here)

DougM said...

^ I second that.

Anonymous said...

I knew there was a good reason for your absence.

Casca

Anonymous said...

I dont blog about world hunger enough to power up a mac enough to even access the internets, much less do anything else. Besides I dont like the idea of them controlling every add on and making everything proprietary. Sure you can never cut yourself with a butter knife, but a bowie knife is more fun.

-bfhogues

pdwalker said...

The newer windows viruses are really insidious. They hook themselves into the OS in such a way as to make them almost impossible to remove without wiping.

The problem has gotten worse with the newer versions of windows.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to use a computer that is not technically savvy. It's a harsh world out there.

Anonymous said...

Word, PD. XP shall live forever.

Casca

El Jefe said...

My two 'go to' apps to diagnose/fix issues are:

1. HiRen v10.4 A bootable disc that comes with a large number of DOS-based fixit tools. Make sure you find that version to download. Newer versions don't have a lot of the 'needful things'

2. PortableApps.com There are a TON of apps that can be 'installed' on a thumb drive and are extremely helpful

Anonymous said...

I use the AVG Rescue disk and UBCD4Win.

Spybot Search & Destroy 2.0 which is in beta will have a stand alone disk as well.

JLW III

pdwalker said...

Ha! Funny you should say that Casca. My windows machine is XP and I don't run antivirus software on it at all. It's been clean since 2005. (I practice safe computing).

Anonymous said...

"Win 7 Internet Security 2012"; sure sounds official, don't it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2012

Nelson said...

I can just about guaran-damn-tee that "Win 7 Internet Security 2012" is a virus or trojan horse. I'm almost 100% positive that "SuperAntiSpyware" is, too. Spybot S&D all the way. And if you need a 2nd avenue of attack, LavaSoft Ad-Aware. I have used both for years, often in concert, and I don't trust any other malware removal tools.

Use CCleaner, too, to clear out browser temp files and a whole bunch of other Windows cruft and registry garbage. The best part is, all 3 utilities are free or have free versions.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.