Monday, January 02, 2012

Gifts Dismissed ..



Today's Evocativeness

 

Superman's Slapdown

I'll bet many of you have in the past also been hurt by a careless dismissal of something you gave to a friend or loved one, just as Jimmy Olsen was here. Mine happened when I gave my dad a briefcase for Father's Day, and he made me take it back because it cost too much money.  In retrospect, since I was only around 11 years-old, I can't imagine that any attaché' case I could, even extravagantly,  afford would have been something a professional would be seen dead with.  Still ... I remember it. don't I?

 BTW, this is the only instance in my entire life that my dad disappointed me wantonly.  Oh yeah, there were several instances where I tried to give girlfriends something very precious to me, and was refused, but I don't remember their names, so who cares?  I call them Losers!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's any comfort, one of my few regrets is doing exactly that when a student of mine went to Europe and brought me back a really stupid gift. It was from the heart and I unthinkingly made fun of it and hurt his feelings badly. But from that I learned to be more patient and calm, and I've never done anything like it since. I'm sure your father regretted what he did. As for your ex girlfriends, they too have forgotten you and your gifts. We all do stupid, hurtful things from time to time, but hopefully we can learn better.

--Sapo Mal

Anonymous said...

I have not forgotten, Sapo, you bitch.

Casca

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.