Friday, March 09, 2012

Kitchen work

                                                    FOOD

Kitchens


The new (rollover old)


A few weeks ago (Feb 16th) I posted about the start of a total kitchen do-over.  Guess what?  It's done.  On time.  On budget.  HFS!  Our contractor began when he said he would.  He finished on the day he said he would.  The final bill was exactly what the contract stipulated.  The craftsmanship is superb.  I know, we can't believe it either.

MoSup did all the preproduction stuff, because I wasn't onboard with spending all that money on a kitchen makeover when we had just done a remodel in 1989.   But she was right, and made all the right choices,  but is now in a PPD stage.  My turn then to step it up.  I spent the past week  putting everything back, which is pretty easy since we have about 30% more cabinet space.  Still have to refinish a  section of flooring previously covered by an island (actually peninsula).  Other than that, the worker boys did everything. They even fixed a leak in the bathroom sink (gratis) because it annoyed them.  If anyone in the area wants a recommendation for the best contractor I've ever dealt with, drop me an e-mail.

Now, I know what you're  wanting to ask.

"Rodge, with all that new cooking equipment, what's the first thing you cheffed up?" 

Raise you hands if you thought I'd say Caviar and Salmon Blini Tortes,  accompanied by a Red Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette and Triple Chocolate Tart with Boozy Whipped Cream for dessert?  Well you're wrong.  It was  a Foreman cookie.  .

I had a hankering for a chocolate chip cookie. I had Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough in the refrigerator.  But, I wasn't going to  read the new oven instructions at 11PM, or heat it to make one lousy cookie.  Which is where my George Foreman grill came in.  If you don't have one, you don't know that this sumbitch goes from naught to 400º in about 20 seconds. No exaggeration.  I plopped a glob of dough about the size or a billiard ball on it, and closed the lid.  When I started to smell chocolate burning I lifted the lid, and there you have it.  If' I'da let it cool for 20 minutes or so, it would have been crisp.  I didn't.  It wasn't.  Tasted good anyway.  Coming soon, I review my favorite new thing - a sink /strainer/stopper that works.

Try my cookie recipe.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rodger! Really, really opened up the room.
Is that an automatic pin setter on the far wall?
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rog, I can attest to your cooking accumen. I tried your cinnamon roll enhancement recipe and I got raves. They were mahvelous and for that I thank you.

Bolivar

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Well Done!, MoSup!

e~C

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.