Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sleeping Dogs Lie


The most unusal opening dialog in movie history.
And,  the winner is ...



My name is Amy.  And yes, at college I blew ny dog.
Res Ipsa Loquitur

This is true.  I had just realized that the last few hundred hours of television I've watched (aside from college hoops) were entirely European fare, mostly British. Lately, about 40 hours of Adam Dalgliesh (P.D. James) mysteries, to which I am now addicted.  So I clicked on a  NetFlix American movie suggestion, "Bob Goldthwait's edgy romantic comedy Sleeping Dogs Lie."  I'm not saying I won't go back and watch it.  I'm saying that after being immersed in  oh so velly velly proper British culture, this opener was quite a shock.  I laughed, but feel soiled. Prolly the same way a lot of you feel about this blog, if I'm honest.. 





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you will love Roy Marsden in the "Sandbaggers" series, if you haven't seen it already.

Highly recommended.

Anonymous said...

Rodge,

If you like Dalgleish, you will LOVE "The Last Detective"... Dangerous Davies is the best.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me. Forgot to sign off.

Kim

Rodger the Real King of France said...

It's now on my list. Thanks.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I spoke prematurely -

"Sandbaggers: Collection 1 is not available to watch instantly " (NetFlix)

Anonymous said...

The Last Detective is a great recomendation. The others I would add to a Brit crime fest are Midsomer Murders, Luther, Blue Murder and best of all-----New Tricks.

jim

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.