Sunday, March 25, 2012

TOP GEAR (UK) NEWS

                                                                        Catharsis
TOP GEAR- NEW EPISODES!!
CLAP CALP CLAP



Res Ipsa Loquitur

As you are prolly aware, Top Gear (UK) is my go-to feel good place of all time.  There were 117 episodes available on NetFlix (and Amazon).  Because I husbanded them (rationed to watching just one a day), I squeezed better than 3 months out of the series.  I am today on episode 111 of the second go-around.  Which meant I had only a week left.  Last night I noticed the NEW EPISODES alert on my (NetFlix) recently watched icons.  HFS!  I looked,  and indeed there are seven heretofore unseen (by me) treats in store (don't  watch Top Gear on BBC- America, they trim a good 22 minutes from each episode).  Brilliant!


By the by, I'm reminded of a question I've been wanting to ask.  By what convention are we, here in the US,  proscribed from watching  media from other countries?  Who decided that?  And, why? In my case I'm referring to BBC-UK.  I know you can download nearly unfathomable software to make the BBC think you live in Chelsea, but why is it necessary? It's Un-American!


5 comments:

BlogDog said...

Clap calp clap?

Anonymous said...

Yanno.... You're responsible for The Mister looking at me with wonderment and not a little puzzlement saying "But it's about CARS!! WTH???!?"

And yet -- thought I care nothing about cars -- I love it.

Thank You,
e~C

DougM said...

Yeah, I wanna watch Iran TV and Palestine TV. I hear those big bunny mascot puppets say the darndest things, and those how-to shows on beating your wife are very informative.

Anonymous said...

The reason you cannot watch BBC4 comes, through bilateral copyright consessions of the Ignited Snakes, down to money (of course).
GrinfilledCelt

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Claire - that made my day yesterday! Thanks.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.