Sunday, April 08, 2012

Who's stupid? Whose Racist?

Racial Politics
The Talk: Nonblack Version



Res Ipsa Loquitur
.John Derbyshire, who wrote for the National Review, penned a column that criticized blacks and accused them of being dangerous generally. It also advised readers to stay away from (some) blacks. (National Review)
 
There is much talk about “the talk.”

“Sean O’Reilly was 16 when his mother gave him the talk that most black parents give their teenage sons,”
Denisa R. Superville of the Hackensack (NJ) Record tells us. Meanwhile, down in Atlanta: “Her sons were 12 and 8 when Marlyn Tillman realized it was time for her to have the talk,” Gracie Bonds Staples writes in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Leonard Greene  talks about the talk in the New York Post. Someone bylined as KJ Dell’Antonia talks about the talk in The New York Times. Darryl Owens talks about the talk in the Orlando Sentinel.

Yes, talk about the talk is all over. [...]



I'll leave it to you to agree, or not, on the points Derbyshire  made to his kids.  We never had any "talk" with our own kids'   Most parenting, I think, is by "conveyance."  Kids watch how parents react in certain situations.  Our kids certainly sensed when the wife and me were uneasy, and sensed danger. Lion cubs do that too.  What really doomed Derbyshire though,  was the same thing that doomed Charles Murray for writing The Bell Curve,  or Nobel Prize Winner and DNA pioneer Dr.  James Watson, for their findings about genetics and intelligence.

.(11) The mean intelligence of blacks is much lower than for whites. The least intelligent ten percent of whites have IQs below 81; forty percent of blacks have IQs that low. Only one black in six is more intelligent than the average white; five whites out of six are more intelligent than the average black. These differences show in every test of general cognitive ability that anyone, of any race or nationality, has yet been able to devise. They are reflected in countless everyday situations. “Life is an IQ test.” [Derbyshire]

We were at a dear friend's home, very, very Liberal friends,  for a family affair once.  I found myself introducing the subject of the Bell Curve.  Nobody in the room knew what the hell I was talking about, so I explained that Charles Murray found evidence that the Negro race were, on the whole, less intelligent than other races.  Holy crap!  The words  "you racist asshole" went bouncing off  every wall.  One of the sons, then a Peace Corp worker, and normally very mild mannered,  was particularly agitated  (did I say we were all drinking?). Race has nothing to do with intelligence levels!  he demanded.  I asked— wait, weren't we just just talking about how Blacks, by virtue of unusual tendon and muscle genetics (or some-such) were vastly superior in sports?  Especially where speed and jumping ability are involved?  Hmmmm?  Would you be upset if I commented on the vaunted large genetically endowed Black penis (not supported in my years of taking showers in gyms and barracks, btw)?  How come genetics can be discussed in good humor if they indicate superiority, but not  shortfall?"  I was literally asked to leave their home.  Who was being the racist  here?

By the by, when Murray died, his wife said she was flooded with calls from his erstwhile associates.  They, who had  abandoned him when he came under Liberal attack,    apologizing for their cowardice., and agreeing Murray's work followed sound scientific discipline and norms.  Rich Lowry  (who fired Derbyshire) may be calling Mrs. Derbyshire with his mea culpas one day.

What this is really all about,  is that since Obama has been on the national scene, race relations are worse than they have been at any time in our history. They are toxic!  And it is not any accident.


Pertinent Asides - via Glenn Reynolds;  The Baylor Law Data Dump, Now With Race And Scholarships.,  and  Liberal Lynch Mob Beyond The Pale





23 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would seem that NOTICING any difference is racist. Damn. They are steriotypes for a reason.
Tim

DougM said...

Thinking in statistical terms is a collectivist trap.
It forces you into evaluating an individual as a member of an easily identifiable group based on arbitrary standards.
That's why collectivists (liberals especially) are fundamentally racist. It's cheap, easy, and appeals to the lowest motivations.
Oh, sure, they claim it's all for good and laudable reasons, so it's not racism racism — it's... it's... affirmative action.
It's not science, it's intellectual laziness.
It's not freedom. It's not equality. It's social engineering.
It's anti-freedom, anti-individualism, and anti-human.
We shouldn't get suckered into latching onto some statistic that supports our baser natures and biases. That's their game, and that's all it is.
Don't fall for that crap!

Anonymous said...

Worked a beat where I responded to 50+ crimes scenes in 30 days that where caused by blacks. 20 percent of the population... my supervisor & many of my partners were black. MANY black on white attacks... many many black on black crimes...

Anonymous said...

Back in the day, when required to stand duty as Officer of the Day, one routinely relied on the battalion alpha roster for ready info on all members of the unit. One noticed after a while that IQ's were listed, and it was great fun to see where one's seniors fell in the ranking. A certain Black Captain, for whom I worked had a score of 108, which was significant since 110 was the minimum qualifying score for an officer... I didn't know any white officers with IQ's under 120.

Casca

Anonymous said...

I'm going to see Murray talk about his new book in a few weeks, which I assume means he's still alive.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/books/review/charles-murray-examines-the-white-working-class-in-coming-apart.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Annoyed White Male

Rodger the Real King of France said...

You know that remembrance was from several years ago, so it very well could have been Murray talking, and not his wife. Or then, maybe I dreamed the whole thing.

Steve in Greensboro said...

Charles Murray and Richard Herrnstein co-authored "The Bell Curve" published in 1994 shortly after Herrnstein passed on. Murray is still alive and writing, thank goodness.

Unfortunately, I recently renewed my subscription to "National Review", a mistake I won't make again. One of the main reasons I renewed was Derb.

mperkins37 said...

I will be telling MY White/Hispanic son NOT to hang out with any black people as well. I want him to survive, & the black parenting skills are absent in MOST cases. A week ago 3 black youths about 8-10 years old were shooting @ my son & his friend with airsoft guns, they hit his friend & tried to get my son. My wife called the cops who asked her a few questions, & left. 2 days later, the SAME 3 black kids, rushed my son, shot him 3 times @ close range with their airsoft guns, (Cops did nothing to actually look for the as***les or find the parents so they were still armed) They proceeded to try & take his bike by force & shoved him off of it, saying that it was "Payback for snitching" so F*CK the assertion that all is well. With all due respect, the president is encouraging a feeling among blacks that they can do whatever the fu*k they want to whomever they want, as long as they are White.
These recent week old examples display the reality, & all have been covered here except one. I am NOT a racist, or at least I wasn't before Oloser started his war on whitey. I am a realist & he wont be hanging in the hood PERIOD.

BTW I posted about me son whenit happened HERE & it was never added to the posts. Pretty cool censoring my post & keeping the info from my friends here, what's that about.

http://www.occidentaldissent.com/2012/04/03/sanford-ii-two-black-teens-brutally-beat-a-white-man/

http://youtu.be/jGZ97FVuYFY

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/six-black-youths-attempt-to-kill-78-year-old-white-man-to-avenge-trayvon-wheres-the-mainstrea/question-2567925/?feed=357663&page=8&new=1&scroll=1#post_81473217

Anonymous said...

If your post was edited out, mperkins37, where did I read it? I remember it, and I'm certainly not a seer.

mRed said...

The mob mindset has been set and will assemble and attack knowing they are covered from press accounts to the courts. The fix is in. BTW, thank you. I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

I ran a martial arts school in a multi-ethnic working class town for 25 years. Had some really stellar black men and families who were with me for decades, long enough to tell me the stories of what they were escaping from. The "black area" was right next door. Most blacks are fine, but the small minority? Brrr.

Derbyshire's problem is that he told the truth, but didn't tell it tactfully enough. I could have written it and had most of the blacks in America nodding yes.

BTW, I gave "the talk" to my children's classes. The black fathers would tap their children on their heads. I especially made a point of how kids should deal with police officers when they grew into teenagers. "The person that is going to get you into the most trouble is your best friend, so be careful about who you hang wih."

--Senor Frog

Skoonj said...

Is there some code that keeps the URL of the article from being e-mailed? Or the name Takimag? My computer refuses to send it and I've tried several times over the last two days.

leelu said...

Eric Raymond does a good job with The Talk:

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=4270#more-4270

Also, read his AIM.

Anonymous said...

Ten years ago they axe Coulter for telling the truth. Now Derb. If I was Mark Steyn, I'd have my affairs in order before the next election.

NR sub cancelled; links deleted.

CB

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

Facts are not racist

Darrell said...

I was reading around at Derb's website earlier today. I ran across this article he wrote in 2008, which might seem a bit prophetic:

http://www.johnderbyshire.com/Opinions/Culture/fogeysrevenge.html

Anonymous said...

WFB Jr is up to about 5000 RPM.

Casca

Unknown said...

Casca I agree. I also wonder how Rich Lowry's father-in-law would have handled this 'Kerfuffle'

Jon said...

Statistics, when properly done, are not racist. If the facts on crime or intelligence say what they say then the subsequent question should be "how can we fix what is apparently broken?"

I-RIGHT-I said...

"BTW I posted about me son whenit happened HERE & it was never added to the posts. Pretty cool censoring my post & keeping the info from my friends here, what's that about."

I saw your post about the air soft guns on the 30th of last month Perkins. It's still there. Sorry for your trouble but try and relax.

Cheesy said...

Agree with mperkins37 - anyone who is not at least a little apprehensive at being around blacks probably hasn't been around many blacks.

Anonymous said...

Only one or two chapters of The Bell Curve mentioned race. Of course, those were the only ones the media was interested in. If I remember correctly, the rest were based on the observation that we were segregating ourselves based on education levels and whether this healthy or not for our society.

Race trumps all.

Freddie Sykes

Anonymous said...

mperkins37, I too remember this your post.

What I would do, not giving any suggestions is walk over with my side are holstered, talk to the kids or the parents, at least the parents. Inform them that you have seen children with guns in the neighborhood, tell them that you are scared and that you will shoot on sight anyone that has a gun, since brandishing a gun is scary and enough to fear for your life since. Airsoft is meant to simulate a real gun so they look identical.

Next I would go to the sheriff, not a deputy, but the elected official and inform him that you have seen kids with guns and want to know what they are going to do about it. When the liberal drivel comes out, I would inform him that I will now be patroling the neighborhood with your sidearm holstered and your AR slung.

They will be down there to fix that.

thoR~

Chuck Martel any suggestions?

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.