Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sabine Schmitz

                                                                        Catharsis
Ein petal on der metal

If I was in high school today, and day dreaming about a fantasy girl during chemistry, it would be Sabine Schmitz.

In December 2004, Schmitz gained recognition in the United Kingdom after appearing in the BBC television show Top Gear with presenter Jeremy Clarkson. After Clarkson (under her tutelage) set a lap time of 9 minutes 59 seconds around the Nürburgring in a Jaguar S-Type diesel (Season 5, Episode 5), she castigated his best lap with the comment "I tell you something, I do that lap time in a van". She did a lap in the Jaguar S-Type, and set a time of 9 minutes 12 seconds, beating him by 47 seconds.

>
The Van
The Attempt

Nerver Seen
Still Shots

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am deeply, madly, in love.


Stick

Anonymous said...

Good gawd man, that's the way Germans talk during sex. I don't mind the occasional, "I'm a dirty girl. Do whatever you want to me." I do mind the continual critique of the krauts.

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Shutten zie mout und hump mein bootay with das wee schnitzel.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Uh - I was quoting Frau Schmitz

Jim McFalls said...

Just attempted to beat her time on my sons video game with a Honda Odessy same course on Grand Turismo 4 bought it for him today at a pawn shop for three dollars. My time was 11.03 with a couple of wall hits.

rickn8or said...

A little heavy in the thighs for my taste...

Anonymous said...

I have been madly in love with her since this episode. One of my Faves.

thoR~

Anonymous said...

jeese Rick, she's got special racing design features: Low center of gravity better for cornering.

Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately how grateful I am for your Top Gear recommendation?

It's now my 'cooking show' and I actually look forward to cooking dinner! Makes me larf and feel optimistic! *yowzah*

Before, I didn't even know what a Bugatti was, and I now I want one.

a Veyron.

Sport.

just sayin....

[ok -- I'd settle for driving one. once.][... for a week.]

ok -- *seeing* one would be kewl, too...

PS -- why can the EUros get a gagillion hp out of a wee engine while also getting 50mpg? WTF?!? And yet it remains a mystery to Ford?!? srsly?

e~C

Rodger the Real King of France said...

We are truly soul-mates on this e-C. I am on my second go-around of TOP Gear episodes and can't wait for Alzheimer's to set in so that future viewings will be brand new. In fact, give me episode 51(?) - the North Pole, and the road trip challenges for my Soylent Green moments.

BTW, I'm with you in that Bugatti, and I also want an Astin Martin DB- anything, that Bentley, and any Porche ever made!

Now? I drive a Dodge Caravan. Don't look at me- I'm hideous.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.