Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012




Father's Day

Yesterday was maybe the best Father's Day ever since my own died in 1998.  The plan was to have crabs, but when we tried to get some- there were none to be had! Anywhere. This is a first, in my experience. 

With the idea  that I wasn't going to have to cook squashed, I set about doing chicken wings, Italian sausage/peppers and onions, and pizza.  The real surprise was that for the first time since Christmas we were all together.  We had expected that only my daughter's family would be able to make it, but at the last minute Greep and Joe said they were coming.  Then, everyone showed up. 

It was a perfect day, weather wise, and I most especially liked the card (roll-over) my granddaughter Lilly filled out (her words, mom's handwriting- BTW,it's  brown hair and brown eyes).  I'll remember this day.  Oh,  this is what MoSup gave me.  For all the hard work I did becoming a father.  Calculated at about 2 mintes, 38 seconds.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's for all the hard work you did becoming a grandfather.

I got one a couple of years ago.

Anonymous said...

Roger, you are blessed to have such a loving family, and I'm glad you could share each other's company again for a day.
Savor those days.
You made me think of my Dad, gone three years ago.
I'm gonna go dry my eyes now.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

rickn8or said...

Yes, you ARE a blessed man, Roger.

Never mind the rocking chair.

Wait until you go have a scrip refilled, and the pharmacy tech gives you the old pill bottle back, 'cause she "knows how old people are about things like that."

Not that it's happened to me yet.

Anonymous said...

That chair looks like it's plugged into the wall socket. Might want to have a closer look there, Rog. Just sayin'.

Sir H the comet

I-RIGHT-I said...

She got you an electric rocking chair??? I think she's out done herself this time.

Juice said...

What a blessing indeed! Looks like a great time was had by all. Love the card and the grampy rockin' chair. :)

Ralph Gizzip said...

The chair is empty. Rodge is off his rocker!!!

DougM said...

Nice!
Next year, ask for a double-barreled lap shotgun for use with the rocker on the front porch.

Anonymous said...

Heartwarming.

Merrily said...

Vicarious pleasure. Happy Father's Day. Looks like you've done it right!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.