Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Touch of Frost and Doc Martin

   At The Cinema                           



A Touch of Frost


A while back Gerry N and  jd both  recommended A Touch of Frost in comments, so I queued it up.  Thank you.  It is now amongst my three NetFlix regulars (Top Gear and Doc Martin).  I haven't watched the above episode from series 2, but what the hell; it's free, and it's the whole thing. If you've not watched one yet, Inspector Frost is Colombo, but not quite so dapper, and without his bedside manner.  A curmudgeon who gets the job done, by hook or crook.  Great writing, and acting.


Last week I mentioned Doc Martin, and horry clap!   Mo Sup's into it - and last night she watched 5 episodes in a row; got up this morning,  and watched three more.  In all our years of marriage she has never been hooked on anything to this extent.  I'm just saying.

12 comments:

JimO said...

I used to watch 'Touch of Frost' on PBS many years ago and always found it to be worth the time.... rarity with programs today. Indeed he is an English, laid back Columbo.

Alear said...

My brother and sister-in-law always clamor for Doc Martin when they come over, after I introduced them last year. I note in passing that my SIL is blind.

Anonymous said...

Watching Foyle's War (again), and love it even more this time around.

Most understated drama series ever made. Sheer brilliance.

And I do believe that Doc Martin may be the most understated comedy series ever made.

Kim

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Okay, Foyle's War in in the queue. I forgot that you were once, like Obama's daddy, a British subject *wink-wink*

Anonymous said...

Adding Touch of Frost to the queue.
Started Foyle's War & Doc Martin earlier this week.

I'll also throw out our "go to" favorite, The IT Crowd not the same genre but damn funny show.

- Katzemeow

Jon said...

If you enjoy him in a Touch of Frost you should see if you can find the series he was in during his younger days which is a top 100 British comedy called Fools and Horses

Chuckles said...

Rebus, the earlier series with John Hannah has some good episodes, and the everlasting Midsomer Murders is usually good.

pdwalker said...

excellent.

judah said...

Open All Hours. one of my favs.

judah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
judah said...

Open All Hours video page, all episodes. I Plex them and watch on the telly.
http://www.youtube.com/user/M0BILETube/featured

judah said...

Starring David Jason & look for a young Aunt Joan ( Stephanie Cole ) as mrs Featherstone. open all hrs.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.