Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Voting with my feet


          

  Voting with My Feet in Massachusetts


Res Ipsa Loquitur

One of the things I'll miss about Massachusetts is the revolving opportunity to vote against John Kerry every few years.  For a while, of course, I had the privilege of voting against Ted Kennedy as well, and if I had lived a few towns to the south, I could have voted against Barney Frank, too.

There is something very satisfying about voting against extremely bad people.  The rest of the country gets to see our liberal hacks only in the news.  In Massachusetts, I proudly voted against them.


In this state, you'll quickly lose your mind if you start looking for candidates you actually like.  On the rare occasions when Massachusetts elects a non-Democrat, such as Mitt Romney or Scott Brown, it is always Mitt Romney or Scott Brown.  Massachusetts has an astonishing number of execrable politicians, and no good ones.  Mitt Romney may or may not be a real conservative now, but he wasn't one back then.  To the degree that he is now a conservative, it happened after he got out of Boston.

Scott Brown, of course, is the most liberal Republican in the Senate.  Technically, I voted for him, but in my heart I was voting against Martha Coakley, his opponent.  It was about 30 degrees that day ... Read more:

I found this article extremely cathartic.  The disquieting thing is, that while Mr.T.S. Weidler  did vote with his feet, he will still find his daily life plagued by laws those Massachusetts booboisie  have blanketed us all with in this era of  borderless federal smothering.  Or something.

                                                                                                                                                     

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the common denominator between moonbats of different states is their union base. Without public employee unions, California would be a red state. Destroy the unions, and restore America.

Casca

Louisiana Steve said...

My only question is, why did you vote only once? (Just joking of course).

Tom Mann said...

As a Maryland resident I can relate to the negative voting.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

You speak for millions Tom

DougM said...

Voting seldom gives one the opportunity to select the best possible person to put in a position of authority.
Well, actually, it can't.
It does, however, give people the chance to avoid or fire an incompetent, jackass, or tyrant.

Love the Nero-playing-golf pic.

BobG said...

"My only question is, why did you vote only once?"

Because he isn't a Democrat.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.