Tuesday, July 17, 2012

In Search of MIOA







In Search Of
Res Ipsa Loquitor
I do fancy those $3.00 clogs when I'm at the beach, but other than that there are no new age sandals. clogs etc. that I'll wear,  even though people keep giving them to me.  I liked Sperry boat shoes, but now I like high top work boots that are never laced up.  Drives MoSup nuts. But- Huck gave me these MIOA Water/Sport Sandals for Christmas about 5-6 years ago.  I wore them 365 days a year, even in the winter if there was no snow on the ground.  Three years ago MoSup tried to get me to throw them out. No way. 

Now. this is the is the darnedest thing, considering it's the information age.   I've been looking for them for 3 years, and can't find a mention.  Earlier this week I searched "MIOA" again and got a hit on eBay England (left).  That's it.  It did at least give me some nomenclature to work with, aside from MIOA (Google keeps sending me to MIA). I can't even find out who manufactured them, let alone sells.   If anyone knows about them,  I'd appreciate a honk.  Thanks. Best shoes I ever owned.  I need a size 13.


6 comments:

Bill W. said...

About 10 years ago I bought some UFit shoes for racquetball. No longer available, too. Good luck on your quest.

Cracker Barrel Philosopher said...

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/mion/

Cracker Barrel Philosopher said...

You are excused for misreading the artsy logo - http://greatoutdoorprovision.com/blog/2007/02/mion-ecometrics/

Rodger the Real King of France said...

screw 'em. I'm going with something that leaves a carbon footprint. At least I know to quit looking Cracker - "Timberland Shutting Down Mion -2008"

Helly said...

That is exactly what we need for island living: A cross between Croks and Keens.

Anonymous said...

I used bing instead of google and searched on "mion sandals". Found lots of them and it is pronounced "My Own" according to one site.
jim

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.